Bleeding at 20 weeks

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I'm 20 weeks pregnant and sorry tmi but last night my DH was away so I decided to use my sex toy. This is so embarrassing!! :blush: About an hour later I noticed I was bleeding. It wasn't loads but it was dark red and it wasn't mixed with normal white cm like it has been when I have previously spotted so it was more like bleeding than spotting.

It stopped overnight but started up again this morning so I phoned the midwives office at the hospital and they said I will need to go to A&E for someone to check over me. My husband won't be back from London until at least 1pm, traffic permitting, and my MIL will look after our 3 year old.

I'm really scared about why there is still bleeding the next day. Baby is still moving and I'm not having any pains out of the ordinary, this has been quite an achy and crampy pregnancy all along. The hospital don't do scans at the weekend so how will they check me?

I think bleeding after an orgasm is quite normal the toy may have irritated the cervix. Beat to be checked for reassurance though x

That is reassuring to know. Would I still be bleeding today from it though? It seems to have stopped and gone fainter now, although every time I say that I jinx myself.
I'm so embarrassed that I'll have to explain this to the hospital! :blush:

Why don't you say you had sex and this has happened, it's a white lie and nearly the truth! I think you probably have irritated the cervix and is possible to still be bleeding today. The good news is you can feel movement and the bleeding sounds like it's beginning to slow down. Let us know how you get onx

I might have to say that, much less embarrassing!

Sounds like an irratated cervix hope alls ok x

I'd say it's one of two things- an irritated cervix which is harmless. Or you may have placenta praevia. Have you had your 20 week scan?

If you have placenta praevia usually they recommend refraining from having sex and any other exercise/heavy lifting until the placenta has a chance to rise. Otherwise bleeding is quite common.

I'd say it's one of two things- an irritated cervix which is harmless. Or you may have placenta praevia. Have you had your 20 week scan?

If you have placenta praevia usually they recommend refraining from having sex and any other exercise/heavy lifting until the placenta has a chance to rise. Otherwise bleeding is quite common.

I had my 20 week scan recently and they said that the placenta was quite high up in a favourite position and didn't mention any issues.

Just waiting at A&E now, I don't know how long for!

I had something similar at 16 weeks, ... It's TMI but was just aroused - no penetration or nothing and started spotting red when I wiped, was terrified!! It didn't get worse and just has brown in cm for a day after, heard the HB a few days later so must be ok.

Worse thing is I'm super horny all the time and after that I don't even dare think about sex incase I get aroused and bleed again :dohh: wish it never happened so I could be brave and have sex!!!

I'm interested to hear what the hospital say to you,
I was too embarrassed to tell the midwife what I was up to when the bleeding started, so she just thought it randomly happened for no reason :blush:

Hope all goes ok I'd totally say it was from sex too 😄
They should still be able to scan you even at the weekend. Xx

Thanks everyone. Still waiting. They sent me to labour and delivery to get checked over but we've been sat in a room for ages, starting to think they have forgotten we're here!

Finally been seen! Baby moving and heartbeat is fine. They did a speculum up there and said cervix is slightly inflamed and they've taken a swab to check for any infection. I'm quite sore off it and there was blood on the speculum so I expect I'll be bleeding for a bit again!

Sounds like the cervix is just irritated, i believe its more vascular when pregnant and more prone to bleeding.
Ps dont be embarrassed about the toy, we all have our needs! 😉
Hope the bleeding stopped today x

Thanks everyone. They said the medical term was a cervix ectropion.
I seem to have stopped bleeding now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"