bleeding at 25+5

C

charlie_lael

So I had some bright red bleeding on Sunday night enough to fill a small panty liner. This is my second baby and never experienced bleeding this late in my last pregnancy so I went to the ER. Ofcourse the bleeding had stopped by then. :wacko: They did a vaginal exam and checked baby's heart rate on doppler. All they said was that I had a yeast infection and baby sounded fine so they sent me home and told me to see my Dr the next day.

So I saw my Dr and he was pretty annoyed that they didn't do an ultrasound and didn't treat me for the infection so he prescribed me something and ordered an ultrasound for me for tomorrow. He said bleeding isn't commonly caused by yeast infection and while he isn't too worried that something is wrong he still wants to get an ultrasound to be sure.

Has anyone else ever experienced bleeding late in second Tri? Also I feel like my bump has dropped since sunday and I feel sore on the lower half of my bump, but I know baby can move down anytime now so I might just be scaring myself...

I wasn't concerned at first, but Ofcourse with the help of Dr google and my imaginative brain I'm starting to get concerned.

It's likely that you have a low lying placenta or placenta previa. Just rest and wait and see what the US says. You're gonna be ok momma.

I can't believe they haven't scanned you yet!! I find this to be a must w bleeding. I don't have any advice but wishing you the best!! Xx

Is it possible to have placenta previa this late in pregnancy? All my ultrasounds have been normal so far.

No pain and baby is moving normally so I guess I can't complain. :nope:

yeah previa can "strike" at any moment. It could have been that you had a low lying placenta they weren't concerned over and it's irritated your cervix etc. With baby moving normal and you resting, everything should be ok. Really shocked they didn't rush you in for an assurance scan

Quite surprised as well fr not checking it out with a scan. Bleeding can have so many causes & scan is non-invasive and safe! What an ER doctor idiot! Pardon my language.

I have been told (Canada-BC), that if you visit ER as a prego during a time when doctors (OBs) are present in the hospital, they need to clear you before you can be released. Not the ER doc on duty.

I went to a hospital a that my dr doesnt go to anymore (he used to) so that might have been part of the problem.

My ultrasound was totally normal today. No placenta prevvia and no abruption and cerivix is long and closed. My Dr said sometimes bleeding just happens. :shrug: So weird!

im having similar problems myself, im 18w4d today and have been bleeding on and off now since 15 weeks. Yesterday was my last episode where we thought id also lost my plug, scan was fine showing he was wriggling around and quite happy, cervix is closed and they can not see any reasons for the bleed, iv had another swab done and awaiting the results. I see my mw friday and having my 20 week scan with a consultant on monday. Its so scary and also the unknown, if they could tell us why i think it would be easier but as they cant we kind of live in fear all the time as to what we will find next tie we go to the toilet!

take care and good luck
h xx

Exactly. I'm glad nothing serious is wrong, but now I'm always going to winner why it happened and if there was something I did to cause it or not. :/ glad everything is ok with you and bub!

I had bright red blood at 24 weeks and 25+4. Both times I was trying to go to the bathroom and I was pushing a little harder than normal. I called my doc and they told me to put a liner on and lay down to see if it would stop. It stopped right after I got up from the toilet there was never anything on the liner. Same thing happened the 2nd time, it was less and it stopped right after. I don't know if pushing to go to the bathroom irritated my cervix or what., They said my placenta was no longer low lying and no longer a concern so they didn't think it was from that. It was just one of those things .. I guess. She moves like crazy and her heart sounds great on my doppler. Seeing any blood in pregnancy is really scary. That's why I always call. I'm glad your doc took care of you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->