Bleeding at 6-7 weeks but HCG doubling just fine?

MrsMonaco

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am having a confusing pregnancy thus far. I am almost 7 weeks along, started bleeding (brown and a bit of pinkish red) a week ago after an evening of strong, but not painful, pressure-like cramps. I am not bleeding red or soaking pads, I am not in pain either. In fact after the pressure-cramps subsided over a week ago and the brown bleeding started I don't feel strong cramps anymore. I wouldn't characterize this as 'spotting' either as it's kind of like the 2nd to last day of your period. I'm using a few pads a day.

I had assumed I was miscarrying (so did my Doc!) but 3 HCG blood tests in 10 days show that I am steadily doubling (even slightly more than doubling) every 2.5 days like a normal pregnancy. My breasts are also still tender, swollen and I am getting some shooting sensations on occasion from the sides of the breasts to the nipples.

I have been on progesterone oral pills (100 mg x 3 per day) for 10 days as well since my first OB appt as I am over 40. Does this cause bleeding?

Anyone else bleed like this and have hcg double steadily and have a baby go to term? Or did your hcg numbers rise despite threatened miscarriage?

Thanks for any input you may have!

Hi all!

I am having a confusing pregnancy thus far. I am almost 7 weeks along, started bleeding (brown and a bit of pinkish red) a week ago after an evening of strong, but not painful, pressure-like cramps. I am not bleeding red or soaking pads, I am not in pain either. In fact after the pressure-cramps subsided over a week ago and the brown bleeding started I don't feel strong cramps anymore. I wouldn't characterize this as 'spotting' either as it's kind of like the 2nd to last day of your period. I'm using a few pads a day.

I had assumed I was miscarrying (so did my Doc!) but 3 HCG blood tests in 10 days show that I am steadily doubling (even slightly more than doubling) every 2.5 days like a normal pregnancy. My breasts are also still tender, swollen and I am getting some shooting sensations on occasion from the sides of the breasts to the nipples.

I have been on progesterone oral pills (100 mg x 3 per day) for 10 days as well since my first OB appt as I am over 40. Does this cause bleeding?

Anyone else bleed like this and have hcg double steadily and have a baby go to term? Or did your hcg numbers rise despite threatened miscarriage?

Thanks for any input you may have!

I had a bleed at 6w, it was brownish and turned to pink, nothing heavy

I've had 3 scans now and all had a hb present x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back