Bleeding at 7 weeks 3 days

ladders

Reaction score
Hi I'm 7 weeks 3 days today I know this from temping and opks. Last night I went to the toilet and was brown discharge in my knickers, wiped and kept getting pink stained and if put tissue in a bit then coming out stained pink. Went bed and tried to relax in the morning nothing on pad but when I wiped it was dark dark red all on the tissue and quite a bit. Since then went back watery red to brown now.
I went to urgent care and they referred me to the early pregnancy unit with a threatened mc but they won't scan till Friday. Iv booked a private scan at 5pm today. Has anyone had anything similar? How did it and up? If be less worried if wasn't for that big wipe of the dark red

Bleeding isn't always bad and doesn't always mean much of anything, but I know that isn't super reassuring either. With my first, I had really heavy (gushing) bleeding. There was no real explanation for it and I never had any other bleeding after that, really straightforward pregnancy, and my daughter is now 4. With my pregnancy before this one, I had what you described, a few wipes of red blood and then nothing else, which turned out to be a missed miscarriage but I was pregnant for a further 6 weeks after that (with no other bleeding during that time, eventually needed a d&c). So it really could be nothing, but it's good to get it checked out, for peace of mind if nothing else. The midwives in the EPU were lovely both times. Hope all turns out just fine for you.

Bleeding in the first tri is quite common but you are right to get it checked. Try not to worry too much as it's now stopping and your not gushing. I had early trimester bleeding with my first and third daughters and it was red at points and brown at others but was very different to my mc. My mc was heavy red bleeding much heavier than a normal period and extreme cramping. Hopefully all is good, good luck.

Thank you ladies.
Been for the scan she couldn't see anything on abdominal and said she was sorry there's nothing there. Asked me if I wanted an internal scan, wasn't going to be then decided to. She then found a baby with a heartbeat but only measuring 6 weeks and I should be 7 weeks 3 days. So not sure if going to be ok or not but have some hope at the minute. Have to rest and have my scan at the Epu Friday afternoon. Not sure what to think it's just so small

I would have faith and try to stay positive. It's totally possible to be off by a fraction of a mm in their measurements and that can make a huge difference in how you are dated. With my scan, I was 8+2 but baby measured 5 weeks with no heartbeat. Being a few days off isn't a big deal and you may get a very different measurement on Friday. Hang in there.

Thank you that's reassuring, that's what I'm praying for. Bleeding has stopped for the moment so praying bean catches up a bit or at least is still there with a heartbeat. Was convinced yesterday I had miscarriaged again so at least I have some hope

I went thru the same thing....was told Empty sac, then went back and baby found but small. Well yesterday I went for what I thought was my 8w scan and dr bumped me up nearly 2 weeks. 185 heart rate ❤️ So give it time, the scans are not always accurate

Thank you, unfortunately for me I passed the baby and sac last night. Don't really understand how it can be there with a heartbeat one day and then just fall out in 24 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->