Bleeding during 20 week scan

casann

mummy
Reaction score
Went for my 20 week scan today where there was alot of very uncomfortable and heavy prodding involved and during, the technican asked me to empty my bladder in hopes that it would cause baby to move. As i wiped i noticed spots of bright red blood and i panicked. Wasnt loads but clearly there. Consulted the midwife who asked me nothing and just said probably normal and ring the hospital it gets worst. I now cannot stop worrying. Havent had any bleeding until now. It has stopped now but cramping. Any ideas?

Hi Hun didn't want to read and run but ive had a couple small episodes of bleeding and my doctor told me that everything is "very vascular" and can bleed for any reason. It's possible maybe she just burst a blood vessel or something by all that prodding ? It doesn't hurt to get seen though if you are really worried they will put your mind at ease by checking you out! Hope all is well Hun!

I would guess by the way you described that scan that all that poking and prodding might have caused the bleeding. I don't think an ultrasound, no matter how rough, can cause a miscarriage in the second trimester though. I've had bleeding after scans before. They can be a little rough, not to mention everything is so swollen and sensitive in there that anything really can trigger a bleeding episode, and that you had it immediately after the ultrasound would make me think that is what happened. I'm obviously no doctor but that's my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->