Bleeding during pregnancy (possibly TMI)

venomkyss

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying yesterday I got a BFP! I was so thrilled and psyched all day and my boyfriend was pretty happy, too, even if he wont admit it. We were both all smiles and discussing it and how to tell our families, etc. I was having a bit of spotting yesterday but I wasn't worried. I thought it was just implant bleeding and it would go away soon. It was very light. I wore a panty liner to bed just in case.
I wake up this morning and im gushing. The water is totally red and blood is just pouring out. I'm now very worried that my body has already rejected it and threw me into a cycle or something. I have very light cramping & heavy bleeding. Does it sound like a rejection?
I know a lot of women still have cycles during their pregnancies and have healthy full term babies. Should I hold on and hope that the baby will survive? Or should I assume I have lost it? What would you do?

Let me start off by saying yesterday I got a BFP! I was so thrilled and psyched all day and my boyfriend was pretty happy, too, even if he wont admit it. We were both all smiles and discussing it and how to tell our families, etc. I was having a bit of spotting yesterday but I wasn't worried. I thought it was just implant bleeding and it would go away soon. It was very light. I wore a panty liner to bed just in case.
I wake up this morning and im gushing. The water is totally red and blood is just pouring out. I'm now very worried that my body has already rejected it and threw me into a cycle or something. I have very light cramping & heavy bleeding. Does it sound like a rejection?
I know a lot of women still have cycles during their pregnancies and have healthy full term babies. Should I hold on and hope that the baby will survive? Or should I assume I have lost it? What would you do?

What you're experiencing sounds a lot like my chemical last month, and I really hope that you're one of the rare few that just happen to have what appears to be a normal cycle during your pregnancy. I'd suggest waiting a day or two and taking another test, if it's negative, that's the only way to really tell if its a loss or not :hugs:

I have to agree with miranda....this is how all of my chemicals and my ectopic started. The difference with my ectopic is that I kept testing positive after my bleeding episode where with the checmicals I tested negative a couple of days later. I hope this is not the case for you and will keep you in my thoughts.

Thank you ladies. I will wait it out and hope for the best. Hopefully everything will be okay. Im sorry for your losses.

Sounds very much like a chemical. Is it like a normal period or perhaps a bit heavier? If it is a chemical you will most likely start testing BFN again in a couple of days.

With this pregnancy I had bleeding at 13, 15 + 16dpo. It was red/pink, but it wasn't as heavy as a period would be and stopped pretty much as soon as it started.

All bleeding in pregnancy should be checked out, though at this stage you might find the doctors aren't all that sympathetic.

hi, Venom
Iam sorry to hear what u going through, but can you go to the ER?
maybe they can do a scan for u, i never had a chemical but went through 2 miscarriages. I just hope you feel better. lets cross fingers.
keep us posted :hugs::hugs:

Its like a period but a bit heavier than im used to. I haven't had one this heavy since I started having them.
As of this moment, I cant make it to an ER. Is there anything they can do anyway? I'm only about a month along at most.

If its an early miscarriage then there isn't anything they can do. Chances are it will be caused by the baby having a random genetic fluke that means it isn't able to fully form a baby.

If it gets heavy enough that you are filling a pad every hour then you need to go to the ER. Or if you get very bad cramps. Or any other unexplained pain, including pain in your shoulder which can be a sign of ectopic.

Other than that, if you don't want/ can't seek medical help then the only thing you can do yourself is to carry on testing and make sure that the tests get lighter and return to BFN. If they are still positive in a few days then you probably need to go see a doctor, as the pregnancy could be progressing in spite of the bleeding, or there might be another issue.

Thanks, ill make sure to watch for any strange pains. Right now, I feel fine, just bleeding really heavily. I really hate that this is happening. I was so happy and thrilled yesterday & was looking forward to surprising the family for Christmas. If I was much further along, I would be at a hospital right now. But I knew there was nothing that could have been done at this point. If its still positive after all this, I will definitely be going to see a doctor. :/

Its horrible isn't it?! :hugs: I think bad news around Christmas always makes it so much worse.
Be kind to yourself over the next few days. If it is the end of this pregnancy I hope you will be back in the first tri in the new year with a sticky bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->