Bleeding one year after having implant..

PinkGlitter87

Aidan's Mummy :)
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had this? I had the implant last January and bled for a month then haven't had a period since.. Now all of a sudden I'm bleeding again just a little and it seems lighter in colour than a normal period x x x

I had the mirana iud for almost 3 years. I would spot\bleed for a few days. I think for the 3 years I had it in it happened maybe 3-4 times for a few days.

I don't know witch one you have but if it's the mirana you should be able to only feel the string not the iud itsself.

not that exact scenario, no but since I have had the implanon implant, I have had periods last for over a month and periods not happen for over 2 months and I am always scared I am pregnant - what a silly birth control lol

Thanks ladies... Mine is implanon too, has me confused at the most! X x x

Yep. I bled heavily for 8 weeks (until I had it taken out), just over a year after having it fitted

I don't have one personally- but knew a few girls that did (this was years ago though)- so could be much better now... but I remember they all complained at one time or another about "break through" bleeding that lasted weeks or months. I would maybe just ask your doc about it hun. I'm sure it's "normal"- but still not fun. Best of luck!

Mine is seriously up the left, i got mine in last Jan after having my LO and i had 1 period more like light bleeding lasting 2-3 days and then none for months and then id have one then nothing so unpredictable ive recently just finished bleeding and i swear it was the longest month ever seems like i bled the hole month :wacko: ive put on so much weight as well from it i cannot wait to get it out but thats not till 2015 lol then wtt :coffee: , if your not happy with it you can always consult the doc and tell them and get it out, but it say its normal just one them things you cant tell when itll come or when youll bleed pain in the backside really lol :hugs: xxxx

I have had the implant in since last april. I get a normal period every month (although i dont track it so no idea on how many days my cycle actually is/how regular it is). I previously was on cerazette for 5 years and had 1-2 periods a year on it so this has taken a bit of getting used to.

I think if it doesnt last long and is like a normal period then its completely normal.

5 duplicates threads have been merged into the relevant forum.

Forum rules:
Duplicate posting (submitting the same message more than once) is not permitted.
Forums are subject specific. Threads must be made in the relevant areas and remain on-topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->