bleeding possible miscarriage would love advise

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
Hey ladies I am 5 and a half weeks pregnant with baby number 3 (4th pregnancy) and 2 days ago I started spotting at night then woke up yesterday morning with light bleeding and cramps but by about 3:30 it was just spotting so thought I was safe. Woke up this morning to a lot more bleeding, diarrhea, cramps and I passed a very small clot and within about 2hrs of passing the clot the bleeding slowed down to light bleeding when I wiped. I went to emergency and they said they think I had miscarried the baby but need to do bloods on Tuesday to check my levels. Its a public holiday tomorrow so no one will be coming to collect bloods until Tuesday as I live in a country mining town.
My question is I have had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and there was a lot of bleeding and it lasted like a normal period are all miscarriages the same? Or if I am only spotting again now would you think there is still a chance I haven't lost the baby? I know no one can tell me for sure just looking for experiences with loss if anyone is willing to talk about it.

I am so sorry and I hope you have not lost the baby I have no experience of a loss that early mine were further on

horrible that you have to wait till Tuesday before you find out where you are :hugs:

I am not a person with a medical background, and have no official advice but I thought I would tell you what happened to me. When I was 8 weeks pregnant I had a bleed, bright red, dark red, clots basically everything that is bad!! went to the hospital and told them, they sent me for a scan, got in there without any hope and there was my little boy, happy and kicking about without a care in the world..... He is 4 years old now.... moral of the story is, sometimes you bleed for no reason xxx I hope everything works out well for you xxx

I'm so sorry to hear about your story. I've been there too, twice actually. As a forewarning this is a pretty tmi and graphic post but I thought I would share so you know what to be aware of. I can't really describe my second mc because the doctors caught it before my body recognized the loss and before I started the whole mc process so I had a d&c performed. I did not want to "see" it after being through a traumatic mc once before.

My first mc started with very strong cramping (think of your worst menstrual cramps) and heavy red blood like a period. Then I began to lose a lot of mini clots in with the blood. I had HG (severe morning sickness) and all of a sudden, literally almost as soon as the bleeding began, I no longer felt sick. After about an hour of the heavy cramping I passed a small reddish-grey deflated sac. It did not fall apart like the clots so I knew it wasn't just blood. Inside the sac was a tiny black dot. After that, I bled for about the same length of a period, maybe a day or two shorter.

Hope this was helpful and prayers that all turns out well! :hugs:

First off I am so sorry for your losses it is not an easy thing for anyone to go through.
I think the hospital may have been wrong as I have had no bleeding today and only about an hr of cramping this morning. All my pregnancy symptoms are still there also.
I have an appointment with my usually dr tomorrow so fingers crossed it will be good news and she will scan me as well as take bloods.

Thank you for sharing your stories ladies

Fingers crossed all is ok for you hun! I've had a fair few losses, 9 chemicals, 6 first tri losses and an 18 week loss and all of them have been different. It really does depend on how far along, how developed baby is etc. Although bleeding and passing clots doesn't always mean miscarrige as in my sons pregnancy I bleed very heavily all the way through and on 2 occasions passed large clots and now he's a happy healthy 9 year old. Good luck and will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I had spotting and cramping as well. Then the ultrasound tech finally found what was causing it. A subchorionic hematoma (after about 2 weeks of bleeding). So if you can get a scan, see if they can find one.

I had spotting and cramping as well. Then the ultrasound tech finally found what was causing it. A subchorionic hematoma (after about 2 weeks of bleeding). So if you can get a scan, see if they can find one.

thats what I had with both my boys its not fun!

i had my dr app today and she scanned me but said it was inconclusive she doesnt have the best tech the screen is like the size of the ipad mini so I had bloods done and will get the results tomorrow. If the scans up here werent $380 i would go to the sonographer on thursday that comes to town. I still feel pregnant and I have had horrible nausea to the point of almost throwing up today for the first time so I am staying positive!

Marryanne huge huge hugs to you hun what a beautifully strong mumma you are to have so many angel babies so much love must fill your heart! I am deeply sorry for your loss hun xxx

i had my dr app today and she scanned me but said it was inconclusive she doesnt have the best tech the screen is like the size of the ipad mini so I had bloods done and will get the results tomorrow. If the scans up here werent $380 i would go to the sonographer on thursday that comes to town. I still feel pregnant and I have had horrible nausea to the point of almost throwing up today for the first time so I am staying positive!

Marryanne huge huge hugs to you hun what a beautifully strong mumma you are to have so many angel babies so much love must fill your heart! I am deeply sorry for your loss hun xxx

Sounds promising! really hoping you will get good news! Still keeping my fingers crossed for you!

finking of u hun got everythink crossed

Thanks ladies I have high hopes today I barely slept last night from to need to vomit and I have barely eaten today as the thought of it makes me want to run to the toilet I feel very ill. I have my appointment in 2hrs so fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->