bleeding/spotting brought on by BM

pink_phoenix

Reaction score
hi there,
I was just wondering if any of you wonderful ladies had a bit of advice or experienced anything similar
I have a lot of trouble with being constipated, even before I got my BFP, but the other day I managed to go but with a little 'straining' and about an hour later I notice a spot of bright pink CM when I wiped after a wee. I got really freaked out and went to the local a and e only to be sat there 4 hours to finaly be seen for the docs to not even bother looking at blood results or urine test results and just sending me home, her only real response was what ever happens happens theres nout we can do, but I am sorry for what ur going thru. so needless to say I was pretty pissed off but by then the spotting had stopped.
I woke up the morning after to again have a BM followed by spotting, this time alittle heavier but still not enough to reach my underwear. again I tried the local a and e later on in the evening and explained what had happened night before, this time all my bloods were tested and urine for pregnancy test and infection. which was positive and clear for infection. the doctor also said my bloods came back fine but the spotting is still hanging around today on and off.
im currently 12+4 and have a second scan 2moro. I already had one at 7+2 and everything was perfect, saw a heart beat and everything.
I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar or spotting brought on my trips to the toilet.
I do have what feel like light period cramps but ive been getting these since day one after a BM.
the doc last night sort of put my mind at rest a little bit but I just don't want to get my hopes up too much for 2moro seen as its also my birthday and really hoping it doesn't all turn to poop on a day like that.

sorry for the long post and I do get a little mumbled up and talk round in circles when im stressed haha.

Any comments would be very much appreciated

hope everyone else out there in babyandbump world is happy and healthy

pink xxx

I've had the same thing happen. I've been spotting off and on for about a week, and realized that if I had a BM and had to strain a bit, I began spotting. I googled it and found that some other women had the same thing.

The general consensus (based on what I've read in forums and stuff) seems to be that if it's not bright red then it's nothing to be too worried about, although I know that's so much easier said than done.

Thanks for the reply, ive googled it aswell which i know is the worst thing possible to do but i just cant help it.
I think it was just that 1st doc thats thrown me thru a loop. Some are as about as subtle as a house brick at times. The doc yeaterday did t seem all that worried but does t really help u settle ur head when its you.
Hope ur ok and everything goes well for u hun.
Take care xx

This happened to me at around end of 14 weeks beginning of 15 weeks my last pregnancy. It was about an hour after some really intense straining due to constipation. I was in a hurry because husband was waiting for me in the car to go to annual event we always attend. I first had light pink spotting with small stringy clot. I freaked out and went to ER....it was a weekend. They immediately did a scan and baby was just fine in there. They did find that there was some bleeding right by the edge of the placenta and I was put on bed rest to let it settle and heal. I went on to have more spotting, some bright red and it really freaked me out. The off and on spotting lasted till 20 weeks with one other incident at 24 weeks. I had a full term healthy baby boy. While it was very stressful, it turned out ok for me. I am curious as to why they didn't just go ahead and do the scan for you to put your mind at ease. That would drive me crazy! After the incident I had, anytime I felt concerned and wanted to be seen, I was very insistent about it. My Dr. probably thought I was nuts and what was I worrying so much about, but I don't care. When its you that is going through it you want to know! So don't be afraid to speak up for the level of care that YOU need, not what Dr's think you need.

There excuse is that there is no one avaliable to do a scan as its late by the time i get to be seen. They did offer to book a scan when i went sunday but it wouldnt be untill tuesday, when i said i already had a scan for wed they said just go to that one.
The cramping comes and goes over the day, didnt really have it at all today untill i washed my hair over the bath so wondering if its just more of a stretchin as i anly really get it once ive done something.
Starting to get a bit more concerned but with anyluck should know today either way. I think the waiting is whats doing me in x

Wishing you lots of luck today and I hope your scan goes well! The cramping is a hard thing to "diagnose" because it can be totally normal. I am 14 weeks and still getting that period type pain off and on. My nurse told me that if you were to get cramping that started at a low level, say a 2-4 and then went to a 8-10 pain threshold, then that is something that you would need to be seen about.
Keep us updated!

No experience sorry but wishing you the best of luck today at your scan and happy birthday :)

hia ladies,
just thought id keep you updated,
I went for my scan and it wasn't good news.
the pregnancy was deemed to be non viable as it only showed about 8weeks.
I was booked for d and c but my body did what it needed to naturally in the night.
please please make sure anything you are unsure of gets checked and keep pushing to make sure you get the level of care you deserve.
thank you all for your kind words of reassurance in response to my question.
I wish you all the very best
take care always
love pink

Oh my gosh that is heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->