Bleeding

Smirn

Reaction score
Think someone is trying to take this away from me !!!!! I notice in my pad some brown blood!!! After wiping a bit more was there. Not sure what is happening. Can anyone help me? Have you gone through this and all been ok?

Brown is a lot better than red, but I didn't experience that with my first. I've heard of ladies bleeding throughout their pregnancy still have healthy children. Call your doctor especially if you are having pains associated with it.

I have called and only suggested bloods tomorrow as two early for anything else. I am not experiencing any pain at all but just worried it may turn that way x

Yeah the worry never really goes away.. even near the end of it. Then when they're born, there are new worries that arise and those don't go away. Trust that your body will do what it needs to do and everything always happens for a reason. Try not to dwell on it so stress doesn't wear you down. If there is pain or red or both just go straight to the emergency room.

It's so hard not to worry!! Thanks for you advice Hun xx

I've always being told brown blood is ok as it's old? I bled heavily with dd2 and she's nearly 5. The worry never stops does it? Try not to worry which I know is easier said than done :hugs:

In my opinion I've had 3 mc and bled red small amounts onto heavy, when I had my ds2 I bled a panty liners worth but brown, panicked obviously but was all ok, if it's brown don't worry keep an eye on it try and relax babe x

I began bleeding brown blood and a little red at 6 weeks with my first pregnancy. It was more than just spotting, but it was not flowing like a period. I was terrified, I rushed to my OB, and was sent for an ultrasound. Turned out to be a subchorionic hematoma, explained to me as a pocket of blood between the placenta and uterine wall. I was put on pelvic rest until 12 weeks and relieved to find out at my nuchal scan that the SCH was gone.

I agree with others about contacting your doctor, which you already did. Could you ask for an ultrasound in addition to the blood work?

I began bleeding brown blood and a little red at 6 weeks with my first pregnancy. It was more than just spotting, but it was not flowing like a period. I was terrified, I rushed to my OB, and was sent for an ultrasound. Turned out to be a subchorionic hematoma, explained to me as a pocket of blood between the placenta and uterine wall. I was put on pelvic rest until 12 weeks and relieved to find out at my nuchal scan that the SCH was gone.

I agree with others about contacting your doctor, which you already did. Could you ask for an ultrasound in addition to the blood work?

I tried for an ultra sound as well but they said as I'm only 5 and half weeks that there is no guarantee to see a Heat beat and it would only add to my worry as I may think the worst but then a week later a heart beat would been seen and all fine !!!just have to wait I think . The brown discharge has stopped now (well more or less) I have put a Tampon in and took it back out and stlight brown blood on the tip of it (tmi sorry) what do you think ?

I'm pretty sure I've heard if your bleeding not to use tampons just pads, I think it's just so u get an idea of how much blood loss.
Glad to hear it's not as much x

I tried for an ultra sound as well but they said as I'm only 5 and half weeks that there is no guarantee to see a Heat beat and it would only add to my worry as I may think the worst but then a week later a heart beat would been seen and all fine !!!just have to wait I think . The brown discharge has stopped now (well more or less) I have put a Tampon in and took it back out and stlight brown blood on the tip of it (tmi sorry) what do you think ?

I agree with PP that it's best to use a pad rather than tampon, not only for estimating quantity, but also because of the risk of infection.

And regarding the brown blood, there are so many things it could be--some old blood left over from IB, an SCH, the unexplained pregnancy bleeding that some women get, and of course there's always the chance that it's the early stages of m/c but it has always helped me to stay positive and not focus on that possible outcome. All these things go through our mind and so much of it is just waiting for the doctors to do their tests and try to come up with an answer, and waiting to see what our body is doing tomorrow and the next day. I really hope the doctor is able to tell you something soon.

I will say that with my SCH I had no cramps, just started with the brown blood and a tiny bit of red, for a few days. With my chemical, I had very painful cramps in the week leading up to the bleed, and then it was heavy bright red bleeding right away. It didn't start up gradually with brown blood.

And regarding the ultrasound, even if they can't see a heartbeat, I thought maybe they could still see the sac and see if there was a clot/SCH somewhere around it that might be causing this, but I guess I'm wrong :( My SCH bleeding started late in week 6 and my ultrasound was at 7+1 and thats when they saw both bean and the bleed.

We are here for you no matter what the outcome!

x

I think they should do an u/s too. Bloods will be helpful but if normal it won't tell you anything. They will be able to see a gestational sac and yolk sac and start of fetal pole at 5w6d. Maybe not HB yet but can make sure it's in right place and on track. I'm sure brown is nothing as usually red bleeding is something bad. With my mc's I always had red red blood. But some have had red blood and been fine. Just go ahead and rest and drink plenty of water. Im sure all is fine. Keeping fingers crossed!

I've got some progression did a digi test last night and it said 2-3 then done another this morning it's 3+ . What you guys think xx

thats amazing news, I think your going to be fine Hunni xxx

Hcg levels 7436 not sure how I feel about that xx

The progressing test is greats news!!!!!

Any more spotting? Any cramps?

No no spotting! They agreed for a scan on Tuesday so fingers crossed xx

Great news on both counts! Hoping that u/s shows a heartbeatin' bean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->