Bleurgh- having a bad moment

Lottie86

Mummy to Findlay & Iona
Reaction score
I have been sorting Findlay's room today and moving things around and when emptying a bag that I haven't been into since I came out of SCBU with him that I found at the back of the wardrobe I found his SCBU discharge summary. I've just read it and come across things I didn't know before.

I knew his chest xray at birth had shown patchy consolidation in his lungs and that he had RDS (as I remember overhearing them comment on how unusual that was in a baby of his gestation) but I had absolutely no idea at all that he had been rescuscitated at birth :cry: I am sure they probably did tell me and I just didn't take it in but reading that has really upset me and even though it was 17 months ago reading his summary has sent me all the way back there :cry:

Oh and does anyone know what the difference between CPAP and NCPAP is btw as apparently he had both for different lengths of time :shrug:

Its funny, every time i read that summary i find something new. Perhaps we understand better in hindsight and with knowledge of other mums experiences?

As for that CPAP question, ive always wondered too!

Edit: just google, it might be nasal CPAP?

The summaries are very upsetting. I have read stuff and my oh has said they told us that the first night but tbh I think the first 2 weeks were a blur for me.

I know there is a cpap that gives higher pressures than normal cpap so maybe this is ncpap. Not sure though

I felt like most of what I was reading was new information when I read Sophie's...they may have told us at the time but I don't remember hearing any of it and it does make you re-live the whole thing.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->