• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blighted ovum. D&C. Scared of them taking my baby :(

yourstruly10

Reaction score
I'm so angry at life right now. I'm sitting here knowing I go for my D&C tomorrow but I'm bawling because I still feel so very much pregnant. Still sick, sore Boobs, bad skin ect. I keep having dreams that my baby is fine and that they are taking him or her from me. Where I live your not allowed to see the screen during ulrasounds with uncertain outcomes so I have never been able to see that my baby never developed and that there is just a sac. Now I trust my doctor with my whole heart and know he wouldnt say there is no baby of there isn't one but it isn't stopping me from wabring to keep believing and protecting my baby
:(

Hopefully once I wake from the D&C and come home to heal and can grieve properly and move on.

Sorry for the rant I'm just really struggling and since we didn't tell anyone I was pregnant I don't have many people to talk to. Blighted ovum was diagnoised at 7 weeks with a large sac but no yolk or baby :(

I'm so sorry you're going through this hun :hugs:
I have no advice I'm afraid, just wanted to let you know you are not alone as I sort of know how you feel. We found out at my 12wk scan last Friday that baby stopped growing at around 7wks. Since then I just hoping and praying that they rescan me just to check and that maybe, just maybe they made a mistake. I, like you, fully trust the Drs and sonographers that confirmed the MMC but I guess our momma hearts just can't bear to let go of even the tiniest bit of hope.
I hope you can find peace after your D&C and heal both physically and emotionally. X

oh no, i'm so sorry. :(

i also had a blighted ovum, in january - i went for my first scan at 8 weeks, and there was only a fetal pole. it really helped me to see the screen and see nothing in there. i wish they would let you see that before your D&C - i know you're going today, but if you haven't gone already, maybe ask the doctor for a scan and to see the screen before the D&C just to help you emotionally? if not, maybe they'll give you a picture?

i regret not asking the dr. for a picture of my blighted ovum - even if a baby never developed, it was MY little ball of cells before it didn't form. fortunately for me, i had my m/c naturally, so i didn't have to do the d&c, so i can't imagine what you're going through :(

i hope your recovery goes well. i'm so sorry this is happening to you :(

I was in complete denial too when I was told of my mc so I know exactly where you're coming from, hun. It is heartbreaking to be told you're going to miscarry. I kept thinking "maybe they diagnosed me too early" but after two scans revealed no heartbeat by 8 weeks I had to deal with the truth. Even after that though I still couldn't believe it. I had bleeding on June 21st that only lasted a day. I assume this was the mc but I kept wondering why the bleeding didn't continue (probably me subconsciously trying to hold on to a slight glimmer of hope) so I had my midwife schedule me for one more ultrasound tomorrow just to make sure it was the baby I passed and not bleeding from a subchorionic hemorrhage. I never actually saw a sac just blood. I know I'm probably fooling myself and there will be an empty screen staring me in the face, if they in fact do let me see it, but in my heart I just can't let go or come to terms with a third loss.

Thank you all so incredibly much ladies.
I didn't get a new ultrasound to see for myself but I had wonderful doctors and nurses with me the whole time. First thing I asked when I woke was if there was a baby or not and no there wasn't technically. It was a blighted ovum for sure probably due to a chromosomal disorder the baby would not have sirvivid with. I cried my entire time in recovery. Cmae home and went right back to bed until this morning. Today I am going to do my best to smile knowing my baby is happy and healthy where she was meant to be. She will be watching over us.

So glad everything went as well as it could do hun. Wishing you a quick recovery xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->