Blighted ovum :(

poosmum

Reaction score
In 5 days i have had two scans. Both showed empty sacs (measuring 6 weeks) with no yolk or fetal pole :(

My HCG levels rose from 10033 to 17921 which apparently is normal with a blighted ovum because the body still believes it's pregnant..

I now have to wait to either lose or have a DNC, but i have appointment on the 4th Dec to discuss it.

Does anyone have experience on this?

Sarah

So sorry Sarah, its so hard :(
I had a bo earlier this yr, kept going back for scans hoping there would be some development. I ended up having a d&c around wk 9/10 as nothing was happening naturally. Thinking of you x

I also had a BO earlier this year :(. The constant scans and bloodworm are very hard. I tried to wait it out but ended up taking the misoprostol at home with a good experience. Hoping all goes well and smoothly for you and that we see you back here again soon!

I'm so sorry :hugs:

My second pregnancy back in 2010 was a blighted ovum.
A little bit different as I found out after I started bleeding at 8 weeks. My numbers were also in the normal range for 8 weeks, but had started to drop by then. I tried to miscarry naturally for almost 2 weeks before I ended up getting a d and c (which I found physically ok).

I had a blighted ovum in november last year and i didnt find out till i had my 12 week scan as i had no other symptoms like bleeding or anything,had what they called medical management to remove the remains and had a day in hospital.

Really sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is. My second pregnancy was a bo. I found out at my 12 weeks scan. I waited almost a week to we if my body would do the right thing, but ended up having medical management with a full day in hospital. It's not something. I would recommend, but I wanted to punish myself. And it really was punishing. I was given oral tablets in two separate doses and had mild contractions until I passed all products of pregnancy in a toilet liner. It took several hours. Most people that I have spoken to say a D&C is very straight forward and has a quick recovery.

In 5 days i have had two scans. Both showed empty sacs (measuring 6 weeks) with no yolk or fetal pole :(

My HCG levels rose from 10033 to 17921 which apparently is normal with a blighted ovum because the body still believes it's pregnant..

I now have to wait to either lose or have a DNC, but i have appointment on the 4th Dec to discuss it.

Does anyone have experience on this?

Sarah

I had this and it's the most annoying thing in the world. Is left mine thinking all was ok so they made wait till 12 weeks when I miscarried on my own and hemmorraged so bad I was admitted. It wasn't nice and the you think what a waste of time. GL Hun if you need someone to talk to just give us a shout x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->