Blighted Ovum?

Rei

Reaction score
Just had my 8 week scan today and the tech had to switch and do a tranvaginal ultrasound. Dr said there was no heartbeat and that it wasn't growing properly. I'm a mess right now, I had so much hope that the bleeding wasn't a bad sign but I guess it was. My dr said she wanted to do another ultrasound next week to check for growth but she said it looked grim. Has anyone had this before? Is there a chance my baby is still alive?

Is there a chance your dates are off and your bleeding last week was just implantation? I think it is a really good idea that they want to recheck next week. Are you still bleeding? I had a missed miscarriage, I went in for my 7 week scan and the baby was way behind and there was a heart beat but barely visible even with transvaginal. I knew my dates 100%.. Dr didn't seem concerned even though I freaked out because I knew something was wrong, I insisted she do another ultrasound and two weeks late my baby had grown but there was no longer a heartbeat, we did do a recheck the next week to confirm and then did a d&C. it was a very traumatic and heartbreaking time.. I'm so sorry you have to go through this! There can still be hope though, I read so many stories of success when I was going through this where the baby measured behind and then "caught up" and was healthy.. So don't loose hope yet! Keep us updated!!

Thank you very much. I don't think my dates are wrong though because she asked when I got a positive pregnancy test. When I told her 4 weeks ago she looked really grim.

Hi. So sorry to hear that you are going through this. I had a scan last week at 6+6 and only a sac was found and no baby. I am due to go back next Tuesday for another scan. I am not holding out much hope as I am still spotting and getting cramps. Life is so cruel :cry:

Sending :hugs:

I hope everything ends well with your pregnancy l, I really do. This is a horrible feeling, waiting for another scan. I wouldnt wish this on mu worst enemy. Life really can be cruel can't it? It just hurts so much because I know my husband won't want to try again after this one if it is a miscarriage. At least not for a few more years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->