Blindsided by an ectopic pregnancy. Anyone else?

babymaybee

Reaction score
I found out Tuesday during our routine ultrasound that we had a tubal pregnancy. Emergency surgery happened immediatly and my tube was saved but I seriously just can't wrap
My head around this. My baby had a healthy heartbeat. We saw it and heard it on the ultrasound . Measured perfectly for growth.... I had no bleeding and my hcg levels were 67,000!!! They rose normally every 1.7 days, monitored,on track and perfect. The only "pain" I had was a bit of trapped gas pain, which I was told was totally normal in early pregnancy... So How could this happen?! I was told my case was unique in that the baby was living outside the womb and that I was literally a ticking time bomb to bleed out at any second from a pending rupture ... And I had no idea nor did my doctors ,whom had monitored me closely due to prior early loses.... So ...Nothing appeared wrong unil it all was very wrong. all of the sudden The thing I wanted more than anything had gone so wrong it could literally kill me .... Anyone else go through this?! Anyone have a tubal that made it this far Or had no symptoms at all? They did find endometriosis around my ovary and tubes which they said was the reason for it ... So at least I have that I guess but I'd love to talk to anyone who's experienced something like this too. Thanks ladies

I'm so sorry you've had to go though this, how far along were you? I haven't been through what you've been through but I have recently mc and it is devastating. Hoping it gets easier for you soon xx

So sorry for ur loss hun and for what ur going through x I had an ectopic at New year with no pain or bleeding at all. I went in for an early scan at 6 weeks and they said nothing in the uterus and I had a "mass" in my right tube. I spent a very tense and stressful week doing blood tests and scans and medical management to see if the mass would resolve by itself, which luckily it did and I saved my tube. An ectopic is devastating as u have to not only deal with the loss of the pregnancy but also the stress of almost losing ur life.

It's a very confusing time and experience to deal with hun and the only advice I can give you is allow yourself to feel all the conflicting emotions from shock, anger, regret, fear, sadness & loss for the baby. Just take each day as it comes and lots of tlc for u sweetheart big hugs and take it easy xx

I'm so sorry for your loss but I just went through the EXACT same thing. I went for my first ultrasound on Tuesday October 27th and they said the pregnancy was a cornual ectopic pregnancy. I felt fine I only had light cramping and was fine no bleeding. My Hcg levels were 67,000. Estimated from my last period I should have been 9 weeks 4 days. They admitted me to the hospital right away and had to do surgery the next morning. They had to do a c section cut to remove the pregnancy and were able to save my tube. They said mine was caused from an old infection which I'm assuming from when I had an ovarian cyst rupture 5 years ago. Only thing different from you is my embryo was so small and had no heartbeat, looked like it stopped growing about a month ago. I thought it was weird that my Hcg levels were rising though but I'm not sure if 67,000 was even considered good or not. Now my husband and I can't try for a year, otherwise my uterus will rupture because they had to cut through the endometrium on my uterus.

I know how you feel babymaybee - I went to the doctors and within minutes I was being told that 1. the baby had a nice, strong heartbeat 2. it wouldn't be able to survive where it was (mine was a cervical ectopic) 3. I was being admitted the hospital instantly and 4. they would TRY to avoid a hysterectomy.

It's so crazy. it's so much to take in. I think it's extra crazy when the baby does have a heartbeat. and the treatment has to be so quick. So there is no time to think about it or let it digest. I still feel blindsided about it, tbh. And this was in May.

That being said, it does get easier. I wish you lots of peace and :dust: for the future :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->