bloated stomach

jodylee05

Reaction score
hi ladys

My stomach feels so bloated, i very rarely have a big tummy, but recently is feels so distended! Does anyone have any remedys for this or experience the same thing?? Its making me feel so sluggish

x

Since when are you having this problem? Try the following natural remedies. If the problem is not solved, consult a doctor immediately.

What is Stomach Bloating?
Bloating in the stomach can be a common occurrence – most of us will experience a bloated stomach at some stage of our lives. The feeling of ‘pressure’ and ‘fullness’ in the stomach, that can make it feel as though we are stretched to capacity or weighted down.
Symptoms of Stomach Bloating
Many times, stomach bloating is not an isolated symptom, and may be accompanied by one or more of the following:
• Distended abdomen/Stomach Distention
• Cramps
• Flatulence/Gas
• Belching
• Pain
• Fullness or ‘tightness’ in the stomach
• Diarrhea
• Aching Stomach
• Shortness of Breath
• Lower Back Pain
What Causes Stomach Bloating?
Bloating is most often caused by trapped gas in the small intestine. This can cause flatulence (passing of excessive gas/wind) painful stomach ache and an uncomfortable feeling when wearing tight clothes. There are a variety of things that can cause this bloated feeling, including digestion problems such as:
• Intestinal Gas
• Constipation
• Peptic Ulcers
• Anorexia
• Anxiety
• Smoking
• Water Retention
• Trapped wind
• Over eating
• Indigestion
• Dysmotility (a slow digestive system)
Other conditions that may result in a bloated stomach include:
• Hypothyroidism (Hashimoto’s Disease)
• Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
• Menopause
• Candidiasis
• Coeliac Disease
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Bloating can also occur as a result of food intolerance, insufficient Hydrochloric acid in your stomach, insufficient digestive enzymes in your stomach or lack of good intestinal flora (good bacteria normally present in the gut). Whatever the cause, the fact remains that for some reason digestion is hampered and undigested foods are reaching your gut where fermentation takes place causing the bloating.
Home Remedies for Bloating
Bloating is usually not considered a very serious disorder and can be managed with home remedies. The most effective home remedies for bloating are herbal teas. You can brew chamomile, ginger, peppermint or basil tea. Another option is to add a few drops of clove oil to a glass of water and drink it every morning. This will help improve digestion and release excessive gases. Eucalyptus oil can also be used instead of clove oil.

Another effective natural remedy is to boil one tea spoon of ground cinnamon with water. To improve the taste, you can add some honey.
When you are feeling bloated, you may feel abdominal discomfort but don’t stop eating. Drink a lot of water and avoid carbonated drinks. Eat foods which are seedless and have been peeled and cooked properly.

Since there are so many possible causes for bloating, remedies vary. Treating bloating generally requires treating the underlying cause. If the bloating is caused by constipation, for example, eating fruit can help loosen the stool. Exercising, drinking plenty of water, and consuming fiber can also help relieve constipation and, therefore, help treat bloating.
If gas is the cause of bloating, it can be helpful to take one to two tablets of betaine hydrochloric acid. In addition, carbonated water can encourage belching, which helps to eliminate gas and relieve bloating. Chewing celery seeds and drinking chamomile tea can also be beneficial. Other helpful teas include fennel, ginger, and peppermint
Tips to Minimize Stomach Bloating.
• Control your food habits and eat slowly.
• Limit buffalo's milk! 1 oz (28ml) of undigested milk produces 1 gallon of gas!
• Limit wheat products – they contain gluten, which can produce burning sensations and lead to production of excess gases, resulting in bloating.
• Minimize the use of antibiotics. Antibiotics destroy the harmless bacteria normally present in the digestive tract that usually help you digest food. If you need to take antibiotics at all, be sure to take B-Complex vitamins with it.
• Limit sugar and salt. Take only what you need. Excessive sugar and salt in the form of processed foods also causes stomach bloating. Watch out for fizzy drinks too!
• If you tend to get a bloated stomach during the pre-menstrual phase, try drinking herbal teas that contain natural diuretics.
• Limit eating heavy meals late at night, as it will encourage the buildup of acid which can lead to bloating.

thanks! im going to try and drink some peppermint tea to see if that helps at all. What a great lot of info!! Its prob been about 5 days! so we'll see how things go

I have IBS and quite often get the gassy big bloated belly with fullness. Peppermint tea helps relax the bowels and if you're feeling upper stomach issues, steeped ginger root is a great tea to help digest things and settle the most evil nausea!

I use probiotics now, they help get things moving around. And help digest my food when I over do it. Try small meals through the day, avoid raw veggies and fruits, cooked ones digest better.

if you think its gas, try gasX if you can (Simethicone) it works wonders to help the one offs that you may get if you don't have a chronic problem. Will warn you... the gass you'll have after taking one will be unreal but you'll feel better fast!

Tight trousers makes my bloating worse. I avoid refined carbs now and its a lot better. A good quick fix is an over the counter drug called motolium 10. Its great and gets rid of bloating in like 5 mins or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->