Blood clot in uterus... Any experiences?

ameeann

Reaction score
Basically I'm around 6 weeks pregnant, had a scan, live fetus with hb seen but also a relatively large blood clot (in comparison to the sac) struggling to stay positive right now, I've been told it's just a wait and see game, things might me okay... They might not be :/ I had a miscarriage in November too!

Any experiences?

Do you mean a subchorionic hematoma? I had a small one with this pregnancy and it was gone by the 12 week scan. I don't have any experience with a large one though. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Edit: my doctor did tell me it was the most common issue that they see with pregnant women and are usually caused by implantation bleeding, and that normally they are not a big deal

Thanks for all your replies ladies, I'm annoyed because it seems like a really common problem and they didn't tell me anything about it, just said, you've got a clot in your uterus go home, come back in two weeks we can't tell you if you'll miscarry... And that was it! Cue the panic of course!

I had one in my last pregnancy and worried like mad. They weren't v reassuring and just ssid 'well both babies have heartbeats for now'!
We did lose one but it was nothing to do with the clot and by 12 weeks it had gone.

Thanks lots... You're at the same hospital as me I think, they told me if you start spotting don't ring us until its been a week if you have a big bleed then contact us immediately! I've started brown spotting this morning :(

Fgh? Yeah... I'd just ring, you might get someone nice on the other end? Or phone ward 1 if no luck?

Yeh FGH! The joys... Thanks, I will do layer if it carries on

I haven't myself but I know others who had and they were ok. It just disappeared. I think they can cause some bleeding, I don't know if they can also be just reabsorbed?
If it's any help I have had various kinds of spotting/bleeding in all my pregnancies and they were fine with the exception of one, but my mc was very different to my three children I bled with, as that just carried on and got worse whereas the bleeds with my children always varied and stopped and started.
I would call the epau and see if you can speak to someone more helpful and maybe have another scan for reassurance. Explain you suffered a miscarriage recently and you want reassurance that this one is ok. I did this with mine and they were happy to accommodate me

I had constant brown spotting w mine for 8 weeks. Drove me craazy. I called Dr like a million times. I'm sure they were sick of me. But nurse did tell me, you can expect to spot, and NOW you know the reason for it. It's not like ppl who have nothing wrong and it's a high indicator for mc. Yours is bc of clot. So you're better off than most spotters. That helped some.

I had constant brown spotting w mine for 8 weeks. Drove me craazy. I called Dr like a million times. I'm sure they were sick of me. But nurse did tell me, you can expect to spot, and NOW you know the reason for it. It's not like ppl who have nothing wrong and it's a high indicator for mc. Yours is bc of clot. So you're better off than most spotters. That helped some.

Thanks, that's pretty much how I've been thinking about it tbh! I know the reason for it... I was just worried about it getting heavy that's all

My doctor told me that if I had brown spotting, it was most likely just the clot, but if it was bright red then I need to call. So it's probably a good sign that the blood is brown :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->