Blood pressure normal when usually low?

SpringCrane

Reaction score
A badly worded title, sorry. I went to see my OB today. My blood pressure was "normal" whereas it's usually quite low (even during pregnancy). I mentioned it was high for me, but the only response I got was, "Oh?" I'm guessing it's no biggie since she didn't care, but it just seems weird for me.

I went in because I'm having a lot of cramping and horrible headaches. Baby's heartbeat was normal and my cervix felt normal. They're doing a culture to check for uti. But basically she said everything is normal.

Would y'all feel confident in the doctor's assessment if it was you? I had zero cramping with my son, but I know cramping is very common. It's just the combination of cramping, headaches, and elevated bp that's got me concerned.

A badly worded title, sorry. I went to see my OB today. My blood pressure was "normal" whereas it's usually quite low (even during pregnancy). I mentioned it was high for me, but the only response I got was, "Oh?" I'm guessing it's no biggie since she didn't care, but it just seems weird for me.

I went in because I'm having a lot of cramping and horrible headaches. Baby's heartbeat was normal and my cervix felt normal. They're doing a culture to check for uti. But basically she said everything is normal.

Would y'all feel confident in the doctor's assessment if it was you? I had zero cramping with my son, but I know cramping is very common. It's just the combination of cramping, headaches, and elevated bp that's got me concerned.

I was having high blood pressure spikes just at my doctor's appts. I was anxious about them trying to locate a heartbeat. I basically had white coat blood pressure issues. I got myself a bp monitor for home and tested it 3x a day. That gave me alot of reassurance. Did they check for protein in your urine?

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if it was nerves elevating my bp. I'm not sure if they checked for protein. I left two urine samples. One was definitely for culturing to check for uti. The other was for whatever they always do at prenatals... seems likely it's checking protein? I should know when I get test results posted today or tomorrow, I guess.

I have low bp too and it's been staying "normal" even though I've told them that's high for me! It's frustrating when you don't feel like you're being heard.
But I am nervous every appt because of my situation, so that's what I'm thinking it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->