Blood pressure...worried?

youngy

Reaction score
Had my 36 week midwife appointment yesterday, my blood pressure has gone up from 121/73 at my booking appointment to 144/83 at 34 weeks to 142/95 yesterday :-( she got a second reading of 148/84 a minute after the first reading but I'm worrying now what this might mean. I've got to get it checked again next week and she didn't seem overly concerned but I am of course!
Is this happening to anyone else?
Is there anything I can do to bring it down a bit?
Xxxx

Try and relax as much as possible.
They class high bp over 150/90. I've been struggling since 28 weeks and have had tablets etc but still was in hospital last week with a bp of 169/97.
But I'm 37 weeks now so I've managed to drag it this far. Did you have any protein? If not, then it's likely to be pregnancy induced hypertension and for that they'll check you every week.
Good luck hun! X

worrying and stressing wont help it! I know that its a billion times easier being told not to stress than it is to actually keep calm!! Were you told to keep an eye on headaches and vision changes?
That certainly has gone up a bit but as you said, they are keeping an eye on you and if you make sure you call them if you have any changes or even if you just feel a bit off then i dont think there is anything else you can do apart from relax!

Thank you ladies its so hard not to worry, I had no protein and no swelling / headaches ect, in fact I feel great?
I've been going for hour long walks most days now I'm on maternity leave am I making myself worse doing this?
Xxx

Have you got your own bp monitor? I bought one and it was a great help as you know what is going on. And then you can check your bp before and after a walk. If its up a lot after then take it more easy but you should be ok.
No protein in the urine is great news though! X

I have pregnancy induced hypertension also....but my consultant said they will now watch for pre-eclampsia (protein in urine). I was diagnosed with this at 27 weeks and is currently being controlled by medication called methyldopa. Started of at twice a day and has been increased twice so now taking it 4 times a day. I do get headaches but they think that's caused by the tablets and I get drowsy. Booo! They don't want my bp to go above 140/90 and have said they won't let me go past due date. X

Have you got your own bp monitor? I bought one and it was a great help as you know what is going on. And then you can check your bp before and after a walk. If its up a lot after then take it more easy but you should be ok.
No protein in the urine is great news though! X

My husband suggested getting one, to keep tabs on it.
I am booked at the minute for a home birth , I am thinking chances are I will prob be going hospital unless it drops a bit?
Thanks for replying xxx

Hi I had PE in my last pregnancy and have always had scares about getting it again in this pregnancy, all through this pregnancy I have had slightly high blood pressure but always within normal range, I noticed that bp was always higher at the hospital than when I went to see my local midwife and I got told I have white syndrome ( bp rises in hospital settings) I am now overdue and last two readings my bp has actually dropped and I think it's because I have been drinking a glass of beetroot juice every day and taking a magnisium tablet since 38weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->