Blood pressure

Also, I would recommend that you bring your home blood pressure cuff with you to your doctor's office and do a comparison check between their reading and yours. Its important to make sure that your cuff is actually accurate and giving similar readings to what they are having.

I have had high blood pressure most of my adult life. For a long time it was uncontrolled because I didn't realize I had it. I also have something called "White Coat Syndrome". It doesn't matter what doctor I'm going to, whether its a happy visit or not but my blood pressure ALWAYS goes up when I go to the doctor. I hate doctor's offices and I really detest going.

Now that I'm on meds and have been for a long time, my blood pressure is always normal when I'm home, at work, whatever. But, as soon as I go to the doctor's office poooof its like 143/93. Its also very hard to get them to believe me that my numbers are in fact normal. So, I have to keep logs of my blood pressure readings.

Of course getting pregnant did not help this situation since high blood pressure is a very bad sign in pregnancy. My last OB visit, I took my blood pressure cuff with me and I tested it in the car on the way over it was 116/67. I then took it again after I had gotten there, checked in and had a conversation with the billing woman.... bingo, 143/93. Then when they tested it, it matched what I had.

Its also very frustrating because doctor's offices always want to test your BP after you have been active coming into the office and you just sit down and they take it. Of course its going to be elevated! I usually have them test it again after I have sat back in a chair and tried to relax a bit and it does read lower usually than when they take it initially but it never goes back down to normal till I get home.

I took it laying in bed the other night and was shocked that it read 99/58 ... that is like super low for me. I'm also on labetalol 100mg twice a day.

Amythyst, you sound so similar to me, my readings are always high in the office but normal at home. I say before they take it that it's going to be high and it always is. The important thing is that on average it's normal :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->