blood shot eye!

miss maternal

Reaction score
Sorry if im being a hypocondract but I woke up this morning with a blood shot eye. i know nose bleeds are common during pregnancy but wasnt sure about blood shot eyes!:-k

Theres small suggestions on Google relating to blood shot eyes in pregnancy but mainly after birth.

I wouldn't look at Google anyway & maybe get to see your GP tomorrow?

:hugs:

maybe you just got a bit of a draft in it hun
Either that or deff blame OH :)

Doesnt look attractive selling makeup to customers. They may think the eyeshadows have caused it!:lol:

just keep a tissue 2 hand n moan about teh damn hayfever now n then lol!!! :rofl:

its more than likely to be hayfever hun, mines has came and my eyes are red raw :cry: just dont rub em and try ask a pharmisis about anti hystamine ( sp) drops, the ones i have are brill but u cant use em while preggers unless you get them from your doc :hugs:

Maybe an eyelash stuck in the eye? I get that once in a while and wake up with a bloodshot eye.

How red is the eye? Is it pinky red at one side? If so this could be due to allergy eg hayfever, or irritation of some sort. It could also be something called episcleritis which is an inflammation of the blood vessels. It is quite harmless and will go on its own over time.

Does the eye/s feel sore or gritty at all? If so it colud be a dry eye which is common in pregnancy due to the change in hormones. I couldn't wear my contact lenses during this pregnancy and my first pregnancy due to this. I couldn't wear lenses in first tri with second pregnancy but it settled in second and third tris.

Is the eye bright red? If so then this could be a sub conjuctival haemorrhage. This is basically a burst blood vessels, there are several causes. If you've had a cold and been snezzing and/or coughing a lot then that can cause it. If you are constipated and straining to go to toilet (sorry if a bit personal/tmi) this can also be a cause. Yet another cause can be high blood pressure. This is only likely though if it is happening a lot, eg every couple of weeks. However as you are pg no harm getting blood pressure checked if you have a sub conj. haem.
This will clear on its own but depending on severity can take a good week to clear.

Hope this helps.

Take Care,
Caroline:hugs:

Thanks Caroline,

It is red by my lower lashes and isnt sore or anything but was just a shock when i looked in the mirror today.8-[

My simple eye makeup remover has been making my eyes water and i have been rubbing my eyes and sneezing a lot with this cold i cant budge.

I had my blood pressure taken last tuesday and the midwife said it was nice and low. x

Hi hunny it sounds as if you could be allergic to the simple eye make up remover. It maybe tempororary, due to pregnancy or it may be that you've become allergic to it. ( I got small patches of eczema with last 2 pregnancies, but don't normally get it unless drink too much orange, use wrong washing powder etc..). It maybe worthwhile trying something different to see if that helps. :hugs: hope cold goes soon. Real pain as you can't take anything for it.

Take Care
Caroline XX

Funnily enough i became allergic to the Simple makeup remover and my eye became swollen up when i found that out! Also found out i had eczema then too..

I say sue the simple eye makeup remover.:evil: I would take it back but have used most of it.!

pregnancy can change teh way ur body reacts to things, so is poss bcos ur preg hun, n not the product

YOu were right caroline. Went into boots and was told I had burst blood vessel and was given optrex red eye drops which are not doing much tbh!

Sorry hun but optrex drops are a waste of space for a burst blood vessel it won't do anything. Optrex red eye drops are
not really the best thing to use. All they do is constrict dilated blood vessels ie if our eyes are red due to lack of sleep/smokey atmosphere. U neeed to be really careful using them hun, as when they wer off the blood vessels dilate but often more than b4 s eye ends up redder. The only thing you can do with a burst blood vessel is to wait for it to reabsorb. No drops will help.

Hope it clears up soon.

It's wierd! I'm 9 weeks pregnant and have had one red blood shot eye.It doesn't hurt or irritate me, its just been there for about two weeks now.I rang my doctor and he said that it sounds like conjuntivitus and all i can do is keep an eye on it.If it gets worse go to the doctor and have it checked out.Maybe some eye cleaning stuff may help us.I suffer with hayfever too and have just had a cold so it may possibly have something to do with that xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->