• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Blood strings in mucus again! TMI

Dana_Scully

Zachary's Mommy
Reaction score
I posted a thread on monday, because I found a tiny amount of blood in my mucus. They kinda look like long thin strings. It happened again on thursday, so I went to see my doctor the day after. She said it was normal, that it's due to the baby "digging" himself in deeper and not to worry. She also said "...But then, half of the pregnancies in the first trimester end up in miscarriages." Which did little to comfort me! :growlmad:

So basically, I had these weird bloody strings monday, then thursday, friday and today. I just get them once a day. I'm always scared that it's the beginning of an MC! I'm not having cramps really, just once in a while but they're very mild. I'm mostly concerned because I'm having this weird blood everyday!

If I wasn't pregnant, I would have been due for my period thursday. Could that be it? We haven't done the deed in ages, so it's not that.

Girls, am I the only one having trouble sleeping at night worrying about stuff like that?? It's driving me nuts!:cry: I'm having my first ultrasound on the 8th of december, at 12 weeks. I have a doppler, but still can't hear the heartbeat (but then the instructions say to use as of 12 weeks.) I'm driving myself nuts LOL sorry that was a bit of a rant post as well ^_^'''

I don't want to read and run. To be completely honest, I have heard this same exact scenario on here dozens of times. And some end in miscarriage, and some end with them being told the baby is completely fine.
I'm a little surprised, however, that you went complaining of bleeding and the doctor didn't immediately issue an ultrasound. Basically, that's the only way to ever know for sure if everything is all right or not: look at the baby.

Just remember that whatever happens, we're all rooting for you. And heaven forbid something is wrong, ask anyone here.....trust us, you'd rather nature take its way now as opposed to six months from now. Sadly, if there IS something wrong, all the ultrasounds in the world won't stop it. BUT if I were you, I'd call and insist on an us ASAP. If your doctor refuses, I would immediately start seeking a new doctor, tell them your story, and see who can get you an us soonest.

But, chin up: what your doctor said is only partially true. Yes, half of all "pregnancies" end in a miscarriage...half of those ending without the woman even suspecting she was ever pregnant. Once sperm meets egg, it's considered pregnancy. However, a proper implantation without the fertilized egg flushing, being abnormal and not sticking, dying, etc. happens only about half the time. This is why women who undergo IVF are implanted with zygotes/blastocysts, and they don't always go on to be pregnant. Also, extremely early chemical pregnancies account for part of this "half" too.
Once you have fully missed your period and get a solid positive on an HPT, you essentially only have a 20% chance of miscarrying.
A book I read put this into perspective. It said that while it would be great if the chance were 99% of having a healthy pregnancy, 80% is still extremely high. If you had an 80% chance of hitting the jackpot in Vegas......you'd be there now, wouldn't you?

Best of luck...and keep us updated!!

As long as its not bright red blood it shouldnt be a problem but if it continues go back to the doc an ask for an ultrasound, sometimes you have to be firm with these docs they can be pretty useless.

It's red blood, but just a tiny bit of it. Not like spotting. *Sighs* I'll try calling again on monday, but they always brush me off T_T

Yh sometimes you need to be persistent with these docs, honestly or else they hardly budge and do anything about it. In my last pregnancy they always seemed to brush me off and due to it being my 1st preg i sort of accepted it but not this time. lol.

I agree with the others, this really should be investigated with an ultrasound!

By the way, all the statistics I read estimate that one in four to one in five pregnancies end in miscarriage so I don't know where your doctor got their figures from (I am assuming this is a gp and not an obstetrician by this comment alone).
I would call back and be persistant. Alternatively, you might consider heading up to the hospital directly? Or paying privately for a scan? Expecting you to wait four more weeks is ridiculous!

I think you have to have faith that your doc knows what they are talking about hun. If they felt that there was something to worry about Im sure they would have investigated it further. Because we are all pregnant and worried about our little ones our first reaction is that they should be doing a scan but these people know what they are doing when it comes to things like this and a scan wouldnt change anything in any case. Im thinking that perhaps because its stringy discharge type stuff rather than actual red blood that they dont feel its necessary. You should look at that as a good sign. If they felt it was necessary they would do one for you. Hugs. xx

Thanks for the support! The doctor isn't my OB, she was a doctor at the emergency clinic. I hoped she would send me to another clinic with a paper for an US, but she didn't. All she did was touch my tummy and that's it. In fact, I haven't even met my OB yet... I just know her name. I haven't bled this morning, but since it's been doing it everyday, I wouldn't be surprised to see it later on...

Hi ... I had the same thing last pregnancy found out I had a heamatoma ( bruising) where baby had gotten comfy and made itself at home... It happend a few times but was only in my mucus which shown on the scan. Try not to worry I no it's hard and easier said than done xxxx

Started bleeding again tuesday evening... I thought it was gone. Got it twice today. But it's such a small quantity...

First, you need a new doctor. For her to blow you off like that when you're bleeding in early pregnancy is unforgivable. I'd suggest that after this crisis you start to look around for somebody who will take you and your concerns more seriously.

Second, you really do need to call back and insist on an ultrasound. This may not be important to her but it is to *you*. My docs have always told me that all bleeding in pregnancy needs to be investigated, no matter how little it is. It may be nothing, I really hope it's nothing, but you won't know until you get checked out.

Best of luck with this. Hope it dies down soon and you can get back to enjoying your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"