Blood tests during Cycle

40yearoldmum

Reaction score
My doc thinks I'm going to kick off big styley so I'm taking advantage of it!

I have just had a hormone profile at Day 2 of cycle for FSH LH Progesterone and Prolactin, awaiting results. I have had Thyroid bloods for T4 and TSH and put on meds 25mcg of thyroxine and I have tested negative to Antythyroid Antibodies.
Now what other bloods should I get and at which point of my cycle. Iwant to check everything is tipperty top throughout the cycle.
While he is accomodating me I'll get them done and for completeness it would be great to get them in the same cycle. I am on Day 7 today.
Thankyou

I might be wrong, but i was under the impression the progesterone test had to be taken 7 days after ov, most usually call it a 21 day test based on the average cycle. I certainly had it done at this point.

If you haven't been plagued with mc's your blood work seems fine, to me. The only other thing might be to ask for a hysterosalpingogram (what a word, lol!) which puts dye through your tubes etc to check if everything is alright there. Otherwise, i cant think of anything else.

The blood tests i got for my recurrent mc's was liver, kidney function test, folic and vitamin and hormone levels checked and also blood clotting disorders (i.e. forming small blood clots that are ok with you but deadly to a tiny fetus) including the thyroid, which is what came up positive, so i am too on thyroxine for life.

All the best and good luck!

I agree with Omni that prog is usually taken around 7 days after ov to see if you ovulated.
And omni thanks for the info - I did not know you could check folate levels - I think I will get that done myself.
xxx

Hey 40yom. With regard to blood work the only other one I can think of that is missing off your list is the progesterone one and as the others have said this is often taken on CD21 - but, beware that is the day to take it if you have a perfect 28 day cycle with O on CD14. If not you are best to go for it 7 days before you're expected AF or half way through your LP. Good luck with it all :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->