Blooding fuming with my mums carers

mummylove

Reaction score
Carers broke my mums tracker to get her out of bed and in chair etc as she cant walk. It broke while she was in itand had to get fire service out. he is bed bound till itrs fixed monday. all she had this morning to eat wasa small bowl of alpen and carers av gave her fuck all to eat all day they said its not on care plan so they aint aloud bollocks cus social services said they have to feed her. They said they would get her chippy but not till half 9 when the call is but chippy shits at 8 and they didnt bother going take away instead. They went mums and just said sorry it was shut and mum asked for a drink and they just said we dont have time even tho my mums call is for half hour. Good job we fucking went up at half 7 to do her something. U wait till monday

Oh dear, I definitely from my experience find that carers just don't care. Hope your mum is ok! X

That is not right at all. I'm sorry :-( Sounds like they don't care at all. x

That is disgusting. I really hope something gets done about it, no one should be treated like that, especially the vulnerable. I would also be insisting on getting different carers to look after her, they really don't need to be near her.

Gonna be plenty of phone calls tomorrow. I couldnt sleep last night cus was worried about her. Just good job we went up to do her something to eat even tho she lives 12 miles away i couldnt let her starve. My mum as had problems with them for months. She has had money go missing the sniddy comments they make about her i find disgusting. My oh is ringing social services tomorrow cus he doesnt want me to cus he knows i will lose my tempter. OHs mum is a carer and she said its disgusting what they have done and she says she would just do it. OHs mum always puts out more than she should for her clients. Just wish my mum had someone like her. Shes ok today my bro and dad went down to her and got her some stuff from shop so she has food by the bed and plenty of drinks. Just really feel sorry for her.

I would love to do careering work but my bad eye sight stops me these bad carers put the good ones to shame

That is awful, your poor mum. I'd love to be a carer too as there are to many that don't 'care' :nope:

That's disgusting!! How did they break your mums hoist?!
if you don't get anywere with social services id get in contact with CQC (care quality commission)..
can she change care companies?

I worked as a home carer for 4 years and recently was at uni doing my degree in adult nursing because I most certainly care for others, it is such a shame that some so called 'carers' cast us all in a bad light but I will agree with those of you about those who don't care, I worked with young girls that thought it was just an easy way to make good money and so some of them wouldn't stay the full allocated times and other times if I was to meet up with another carer at a clients home on say bath night sometimes I'd get there at the right time and the other carer would already have been and gone! Explain how they managed to bath someone who required 2 carers? Needless to say they were complained about and I never signed the book because that would be blatantly lying that I had been there and assisted. I always stayed until I had finished everything I was meant to do and sometimes longer as sometimes the carers are the only people some clients see all day and all they want is a chat and a cuppa.

To the OP I would complain first to the area manager and I would also phone social services, is there a copy of your mums care plan in the house? There should be a pack with accident sheets, care plan etc inside. I would also go down the route of a hidden camera as evidence against these two carers so that you can ask for those ones to not be sent back and if the company/managers are not willing to change the carers take it higher, social services etc and see if you can't get a different company.

That's disgusting!! How did they break your mums hoist?!
if you don't get anywere with social services id get in contact with CQC (care quality commission)..
can she change care companies?

The hoist is controlled by romote to move it along but carers wasnt using it they was using the red cable and pulling it along so the motor as completely blown. My mum was at the top in it when it went she is lucky it didnt fall down with her on it.

I worked as a home carer for 4 years and recently was at uni doing my degree in adult nursing because I most certainly care for others, it is such a shame that some so called 'carers' cast us all in a bad light but I will agree with those of you about those who don't care, I worked with young girls that thought it was just an easy way to make good money and so some of them wouldn't stay the full allocated times and other times if I was to meet up with another carer at a clients home on say bath night sometimes I'd get there at the right time and the other carer would already have been and gone! Explain how they managed to bath someone who required 2 carers? Needless to say they were complained about and I never signed the book because that would be blatantly lying that I had been there and assisted. I always stayed until I had finished everything I was meant to do and sometimes longer as sometimes the carers are the only people some clients see all day and all they want is a chat and a cuppa.

To the OP I would complain first to the area manager and I would also phone social services, is there a copy of your mums care plan in the house? There should be a pack with accident sheets, care plan etc inside. I would also go down the route of a hidden camera as evidence against these two carers so that you can ask for those ones to not be sent back and if the company/managers are not willing to change the carers take it higher, social services etc and see if you can't get a different company.

I am going to suggest that about cameras to my mum. Yes her care plan is in the house i will ask her if there are accident forms in there. Sicial servies and care company are aware whats happened. But carers are trying to make out they have done nothing wrong. They are only ones that use the hoist and my mum as made a statement that they miss use it. Even the engineer said its been misused

Stories like this make my heart ache. :( :( :(

Your mum has a very caring family, and I hope you manage to sort her care to the level she deserves

:cry:

Me and my mum dont have the best relationship but always there if she needs me.

I really hope you get it sorted, carers like those really make my blood boil. You would think after all the scandals that panorama etc uncovered care companies would be pulling up there socks!

Accident forms should definitely be In the house so should anything occur it is all documented and legal. Definitely mention the camera it could well just show you what is really going on

I am a carer and this has actually shocked me, your poor mum. They have a duty of care to her, as she can't get out bed they should provide her with food and drink. Who gives a fuck if its in the care plan or not. She is an individual who has needs.

I used to do things out of the care plan if needed. We had one man who had an accident and couldn't get of bed for a few days, our call was to shower him and make sure he had fresh clothes. In the few days he was bed bound we took him drinks and food to his bed.

I hope you make a serious complaint on Monday, and if they don't take it seriously get on to the care quality commission x

We have all rang my bro my dad and us and they dont like it one bit that they have everyone at them but they still think they have done nothing wrong. Well they wont be saying that when they get the £15000 bill for the new hoist

really feel for your mum :hugs: she can ban certain carers but the company can get funny and claim they havent got enough staff to cover if she bans some.

I would take a picture or a photo copy of the care notes from the day the hoist broke and when they said they could not make her a drink due to it not being in the care plan (the company i worked for before 'lost' some notes when they had a case of neglect raised against them and the police got involved so i know compaies will do anything to try and clear themselves)

Also i would be asking if the carers have had manual handling training and if their training is up to date, if the answer is no then they shouldnt be working!

hope the care improves!! :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->