Bloody parents!!

Smile181c

Mummy to 3!
Reaction score
My mum dropped a huge wedding bombshell on me yesterday... she’s invited loads of my STEP-dad’s family to the wedding without discussing it with me first, and told me she’ll pay the extra money for them to come! I mean I like his family, but we’re not close, we don’t speak and now I can’t get out of it! :grr: (bit of background, her and my step dad are a very on/off couple and I don't like him much as it is!)

Also they’ve gone and hired a bloody singer for the wedding day to bridge the gap between the end of dinner and the start of the reception! They weren’t even gonna tell me! It was gonna be a ‘surprise’. I’ve never heard of this woman, or heard her sing! I’ve told OH about the extra family, which he wasn’t pleased about but I have no idea how to drop this one on him “/

I don't even know if I'm ALLOWED to hire a singer for the venue as we've already booked their DJ! :dohh:

Yikes! Yeah, my DF's parent's invited 6 friends of my DF's uncle (yeah...I don't even know his uncle let alone this friends!). But oh well. :shrug: They said it meant a lot to his uncle so, so be it I guess.

I'd call your venue and ask about the singer. Or maybe you can just tell your family that a singer isn't allowed and they'll have to cancel with her. haha :winkwink:

Wedding stress is tough (our wedding is in 8 days!). :hugs:

I think a 'Super Bridal Hissy Fit' would be perfectly acceptable in this situation.
I do not want random people at my wedding. I do not want stupid wedding singers. It's my special day. Go away and leave my wedding alone before I use the mega overacted waterworks card!!! :haha:

Either that or tell her that your guest list already pushes the venue to maximum capacity and they won't allow you to hire 'unapproved' entertainment. :shrug: :)

Sorry but I think that's extremely rude and I would be telling her she had to uninvite them. What an absolute cheek! And as for a singer, surely if you had wanted a singer you would have hired one yourself. I'm furious for you lol xx

Jeez that is so weird, are they paying for the wedding or something? Not that I think that makes it acceptable, just otherwise why are they trying to organise it for you?

I have invited friends of my mum that I don't know but she didn't pressure me into it, she just asked and I knew it was important to her so I was more than happy to do it. No one should be inviting people to the wedding other than the bride and groom. I would go crazy if anyone actually booked a singer for the wedding too, eeek! Big hugs x

Thanks guys, I knew I wasn't crazy!

They're not paying for the wedding but they're contributing and they said they'll pay the extra money for the family members but I don't trust them to and it's not really the point "/ will definitely be having words!

Argh families are such a nightmare! I would totally have words but make it sound like it is out of your control like that venue doesn't allow other entertainment and that once you've given them an idea of numbers you can't change so the extra guests are a no no.

My OHs step mum demanded that her step mum be invited to the whole day.

So that is my OHs step mums step mum. Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?!?! So she got a very polite but firm reply of " We were aiming for around 100 guests and at the moment, have 116. So we are already way over budget. If for any reason our guest numbers drop then of course Pam will be invited (eh, she won't actually)"

This is coming from the Dad and step mum who have yet to even offer to contribute!

Families! They're just ridiculous aren't they :dohh:

I'm gonna email the wedding co-ordinator at the venue today to discuss payment and arrange a meeting to discuss final numbers. The balance is due in 7 weeks so I'm assuming that ill have to give numbers too?

My mum is determined that she's coming with me to pay the balance but she is not. I just won't tell her when I go lol I liked having her there when we booked it cause she haggled it down to a really good price, but that's enough thanks! :)

Oh wow Id go mad! Thats so rude inviting people to your special day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->