Bloody Phlem Question

candies403

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 24 weeks pregnant and live in a warm environment (South Florida). Since November 12th 2016, I have had bloody phlem/mucus on and off. It started at the end of my vacation in North Carolina in November. After my return the next day, I immediately went to the ER. The doctor looked at a sample of the bloody phlem and basically said it was unrelated to the preganancy and was most likely climate related. He claimed there was absolutely no reason to be concerned. That was at about 17 weeks.

One week later, I went to my gynecologist for an ultrasound checkup and to find out the gender. I mentioned this issue to my gyno doctor, and he said it is normal to see the blood flow.

But it has persisted much more frequently after.
Since then, it has probably happened between 20 to 30 times. In the beginning, it was occurring daily for about two weeks. Now it has been occurring almost weekly. This week it has happened three times.
I have noticed that anytime I have dairy including activia, chocolate milk or milk it has happened often.

Should I be concerned and is there anything I can do to stop the bloody mucus? My next appointment is two weeks away.

Thanks!

I've had pregnancy rhinitis since day dot. I feel like I have a cold 24/7 (although without the fever or feeling unwell). My nose is always bloody when I blow it (multiple times a day) and anything I bring up (sorry) is also bloody. I've not been overly concerned, it just tastes disgusting. I assume mine is coming from overblowing my nose and the increased blood volume. And the phelm is just all related!

Hello fellow Southern Floridian! :hi:

Sometimes bloody mucus is really common in pregnancy. I experienced it quite a bit with my first. We went to visit Colorado this pregnancy and it messed with me very similarly! It didn't last though.

Due to the effects of various hormones/increased blood volume/possible pregnancy rhinitis, it's fairly common to get a bloody nose during pregnancy. Don't worry too much unless it flows freely and won't stop.

I was the same in both my pregnancies. It went back to normal shortly after giving birth though. I've heard that it's quite common :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for the input. I don't know if it matters, but it has not affected my nose, just from the mouth.

Your nose and mouth are connected so it could be contributing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->