bloody show & inducing labour at 37+5 weeks

ProudMummyx

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
had a bloody show wednesday, & still having some today. contractions were bad enough to make me feel labour was starting, 3 cm dilated & was at birthing centre for 6 hours with strong contractions and been having them since wednesday, but they have dyed down big time.

so my question is... how long after your bloody show did you go into active labour & do you think its wise to try inducing labour, as its already kinda started?

was thinking of walking, a bumpy ride in the car and sex which kick started things with ds.

will be thankful for anyones opinions

:flower:

Oh & anyone got any other ideas for giving these contractions a little push, do pinapples really work? x

i only had my bloody show when i was in actual labour itself, is your baby engaged? if she is then bouncing on a birthing ball or the end of your bed to make her head press on your cervix will encourage things big time! i'm not sure where you stand with the sex given you've had your show, i know you cant when waters break but i'm sure i read somewhere after a show you're not meant to either?....

I only had my bloody show after my waters broke but I would suggest getting on a birthing ball ;)

ive been on the birthing ball but it hasnt done much for me so far. baby is 3/5ths engaged so shes engaged, but not fully. shes been there since 34 weeks.

ill have to have a look about sex after bloody show. i hope thats not true, as thats the one im counting on!:haha:

i know baby will come when shes ready, she just teasing me!! x

you could try nipple simulation ............ if u have a breast pump u can try and use that as apparently it help uterus contract, walking up and down stairs is also meant to be good for helping things along xxx
good luck and hope it all goes well xxxxxxxxxx

Well ladies, i ended up trying fresh pinapple whilst on a bumpy ride, and then had sex & guess what... my little baby girl amelia grace is here, she arrived at 7.17 this morning and is a little beauty! still at hospital and got to stay in as paediatrican hasnt been able to check her over, but we are both doing fine, will post birth story soon, just goes to show if lo is ready then these things can give a little push, personally i think the sex did it x

congrats hunni well done u xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->