Blotchy when starting to feed

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by MrsR32, Jun 1, 2011.

1. MrsR32

MrsR32 Mum to twin boys

One of my 5-month-old twins keeps getting very blotchy in his face when he starts drinking his milk, particularly if he's been crying with hunger before I can get the bottle in his mouth, it goes down after a few minutes but I'm concerned it might be a sign of an intolerance - anyone else had this? He has some eczema on his face and chest but I can't see that it's linked to that?

2. minties

minties Complete

I'm not sure, but I hope you get some helpful answers.

3. missbabypo

missbabypo Mummy to Riley and Bump!

Could it be just from where he is crying for the milk? Riley used to get all blotchy and his birthmark on the back of his neck used to go bright red if he was crying, angry or straining for a poop

4. captainj1

captainj1 Mum of two

My LO gets this -he is protein and lactose intolerant but has been on special formula for months and is fine but he still gets blotchy. Dr said it was just from the effort of sucking and was quite common. Maybe move up a teat size if you think he's ready?

5. a_c

a_c mummy to one

My lo gets blotchy when she cries loads & eats apple. Weird!

6. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

Erin does this too. I was thinking maybe some kind of intolerence, but not sure. She doesn't have it from crying though and it happens when feeding even if calm?? Strange??