Blotchy when starting to feed

MrsR32

Mum to twin boys
Reaction score
One of my 5-month-old twins keeps getting very blotchy in his face when he starts drinking his milk, particularly if he's been crying with hunger before I can get the bottle in his mouth, it goes down after a few minutes but I'm concerned it might be a sign of an intolerance - anyone else had this? He has some eczema on his face and chest but I can't see that it's linked to that?

I'm not sure, but I hope you get some helpful answers.

Could it be just from where he is crying for the milk? Riley used to get all blotchy and his birthmark on the back of his neck used to go bright red if he was crying, angry or straining for a poop

My LO gets this -he is protein and lactose intolerant but has been on special formula for months and is fine but he still gets blotchy. Dr said it was just from the effort of sucking and was quite common. Maybe move up a teat size if you think he's ready?

My lo gets blotchy when she cries loads & eats apple. Weird!

Erin does this too. I was thinking maybe some kind of intolerence, but not sure. She doesn't have it from crying though and it happens when feeding even if calm?? Strange??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->