Blue lips...?

Googiepie

Reaction score
Ok so I might be completely going crazy but I feel like my baby's lips have a tinge of blue. I tried taking some pictures but she was quite squirmy. I guess she didn't appreciate the camera up in her face lol I'll attach some pics. Please let me know what you think!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 28
Here is more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 14
Please feel free to tell me that I'm nuts!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 6
They look pretty pink to me!is she unwell at all?whats the capillary refill like in her fingers?usually when my sons lips are blue its more the area around his lips that I really notice it especially above.

They look pretty pink to me!is she unwell at all?whats the capillary refill like in her fingers?usually when my sons lips are blue its more the area around his lips that I really notice it especially above.

No, she's been fine. I have no idea why this thought has come over me. Everything seems normal. I'm a nutcase. I think it's also because I read somewhere that SIDS usually occurs between 2 and 4 months or that's when it peaks. So this heightened my paranoia.

This is her sleeping right now on my chest

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 12
look completely normal to me :) my sons lips go blue when he is a bit cold sometimes, always have and he is 7 now and totally fine :) Wouldn't worry at all xx

I was told they sometimes get discolouration there when they have a bit of wind!

My son is 10 months and has started getting blue lips quite regularly over the past few months. I googled it and found out it is most likely because they are cold but could also be a lack of oxygen. I took him to the doctors but she didn't seem bothered at all and didn't do any tests so I'm guessing it must be normal. Probably a bit cold.

They don't look blue to me but if you're concerned get her checked.

She looks fine :)

My son has raynaud's syndrome and his lips/hands/feet go blue/purple. Other people panic when they see it.

Thanks guys! I think I'm just being a paranoid mommy. She has a doctors appointment tomorrow so I will bring it up.

my daughters lips go very blue when she has a trapped wind and normally will be like that for a good few hours. she has reflux and has choked to the point of going very blue from lack of oxygen, and to be honest, you little one looks good, possibly just a trapped wind. hope your doc can clear up the issue and give you some answers!:hugs:

Don't just check the lips... as one Mum earlier mentioned, check the tips of the fingers as well.

Your LO seems* fine btw. A very pretty little girl :)

*Disclaimer... not medically qualified and it's always difficult to tell from a photo. You're doing the right thing by talking to your Doc. Show them piccys as well.

I read that if they're blue around the mouth then it's wind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"