BLW; am I doing it right?

Lollip0p

Reaction score
Heya,

Im just looking for some advice, I started blw my daughter on saturday, we gave her banana, and then yesterday we gave her banana at lunch and carrot and broccoli in the evening. However she picked up the food, put it near her mouth and looked like I gave her poison the faces she was pulling, she started trying to gag on nothing that was there.....
I gave her pear today, which she seemed to like a bit more, she did suck it, however it was very slimy for her, so I think i am making progress

am I doing it right? I dont quite know what I was expecting from my LO, but I didnt think she would act like I was giving her something off my shoe, but she looks at mine and oh dinner and she gets so exicited, but we are just giving her the veg off our plate to start off with

I give her the food around 30mins to an hour after she has had a bottle, is this right? should it be a set times in the day too?

Am I right to carry on with different foods, or stick to one, or should i be giving her purrees? sorry for all the questions, I just really want to get the whole weaning thing right for my little girl.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks

Gabriel pulls a stinker face every time he tastes something for the first time. I think that's totally normal.
I never read a BLW 'how to'. I just offer him some of whatever we're eating, or if I felt it was too salty or not baby friendly, I'd offer him something healthier. We never did purees, but I do give him applesauce and yogurt sometimes. I put it on the spoon and then hand him the spoon and let him put it in his mouth.

Sounds good to me. Ellie pulled faces at everything for a while when we started; I think it's just the new tastes! It will take a while for your LO to actually eat anything, but bringing it to her mouth and giving it a suck every now and then is a very good start. Ellie only started eating at 7 months and at 8.5 months she usually eats 50% of her plate. It's a slow but fun process!

you're doing great!
we started last week & bella's not really eating anything (except broccoli & breadsticks, the broccoli she sucks on & i think by accident she swallows some & the breadsticks, well, tonight i gave her one, it went in her mouth & bits got gummed off & didn't come back out!) at the moment. she's enjoying sucking on things, tasting different things & making a mess!
here's bella's "ooh, something new" face! she'll pull it & then carry on trying the food anyway! (same face, 2 different foods).

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads