BLW - Baby Led Weaning - Explanation

S

sparkswillfly

Heres a short article for anyone whos interested to know what its all about but doesnt want to read the book or the long sticky thread! :thumbup:

https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/nov/05/foodanddrink

Cool. I'm gonna get Sam to add it to the sticky too. Rebecca's in hospital ATM so when she gets back :)

Just wondering, I've given Jack a few yogurts and purees the past few weeks, would it be okay to stop them and wait another 2 months and do this? He doesn't eat much of them, spits them out mostly, although he does like his yogurts... I don't really think he'd miss them tbh, and this sounds like such a good idea!

Thanks Nic! Thats a great explanation of it, like you said, without having to read the whole book! It took me loads of research to find out about this to start with (beofre it came on here really), so I'm glad people have a place to look now.

BUMP!!

I Needed a Lil Reasurance On BLW Cus I Didnt Have Time And Couldnt Be Arsed Te Be Totally Honest To Read The Long Books So Not Been Sure If Im Doing It Right, But Its Seems Right, Does Anyone Have a Huge List Or a Website Or Something Of Things i Can Feed My Daughter Of 6 Months Or Even She Can Eat Everything But; ?

Because Atm Ive Only Gave Her Toast/ Bread, Carrotts, Potato, Biscuits, & A Bit Of Sponge Cake. So Not Very Exciting, Im Very Wary Of What i Can Or Cant Give Her.!!

Thanks For Your Help x

Or You Can Email Me [email protected]

Thanks

I love the sound of this but ave been weaning two months.....can i do both? So maybe a 'meal' for lunch and finger foods at dinner - maybe tasters of what we are eating?

BUMP!!

I Needed a Lil Reasurance On BLW Cus I Didnt Have Time And Couldnt Be Arsed Te Be Totally Honest To Read The Long Books So Not Been Sure If Im Doing It Right, But Its Seems Right, Does Anyone Have a Huge List Or a Website Or Something Of Things i Can Feed My Daughter Of 6 Months Or Even She Can Eat Everything But; ?

Because Atm Ive Only Gave Her Toast/ Bread, Carrotts, Potato, Biscuits, & A Bit Of Sponge Cake. So Not Very Exciting, Im Very Wary Of What i Can Or Cant Give Her.!!

Thanks For Your Help x

Thanks

Hi, at 6 months you can give her most foods that you eat just be careful of the amount of salt and sugar in there. The more variety the better and just avoid nuts and honey. I'm doing BLW and I offer all types of fruit & veg, toast etc. x

BUMP!!

Thanks For Your Help x

Thanks

Hi, at 6 months you can give her most foods that you eat just be careful of the amount of salt and sugar in there. The more variety the better and just avoid nuts and honey. I'm doing BLW and I offer all types of fruit & veg, toast etc. x

Hey Julie, Today I Was a Bit More Adventurous Gave Her Lots Of Diff Veggies And Potatos Etc For Her Sunday Dinner And She Loved It. Thank You, Id Always Been Wary And Had Asked My HV Who Had Said ill Write You a List And Then He Wasnt There The Week After So Thank You For That.! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->