BLW meal ideas?

charliebear

Mum to AJ & Pumpkin
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if all of you lovely ladies could help me out with some meal ideas. Compleatly stuck. :dohh:

AJ just isnt taking to puree's, he'll have toast and biscotti (not mushed), give him a puree and he clamps his mouth shut!

He's 6 1/2 months and started weaning at 5 months.

Thank you. :hugs:

Today Hebe had potatoe farls with cheese spread on them and strawberries (messy!!) for her lunch and for tea she had batons of steamed carrot, parsnip and sweet potatoe. For a snack today she had mini breads sticks and houmous and a biscuit. :D

katie's exactly the same!! we can get her to take some purees now, cos she get the independance of feeding herself most the time. i spoke to my HV when she was refusing purees and thats what she said it was, she wanted to be able to do it herself. also they like to feel the texture in their hands before they have it in their mouths.

we had spag bol tonight (did a chicken one) and she had it off the spoon, but it was still really lumpy so she had to chew it all up. she loves cheese sticks and broccoli, any kind of bread, also she's had broccoli and tomato sauce (just a tin of chopped tomatoes) with pasta - gets messy tho!! i basically just give her a bit of what we'rehaving.

we were at my mum's earlier and she was having chicken goujons and potato wedges. so katie had the same!! she loved it, goujon in one hand and a wedge in the other!!

Sweet potato, butternut squash, mango, melon, pear - all that sort of thing goes down really well. He just had cheese on toast for lunch. We're making balsamic chicken tonight, so he'll have some of that for tea. He also loves yoghurt or weetabix with fruit in it for breakfast.

yesterday ffion had toast for her breakfast, then apple slices for her snack, then for lunch we had ricecakes with cucumber and red pepper then for her dinner she had homemade mini pizzas with lacto-free cheese with half a jacket potato.

she also likes sausages, scrambled eggs, pasta, peas&sweetcorn, sweet potato, organix carrot sticks (messy!), rice, mashed potato, steamed chicken, brocolli, grapes and the odd biscuit or two!

We dont really do BLW, im looking for finger food ideas too though.

She has toast, and I put yogurt, or a fruit puree on the toast, she loves that... Or grilled cheese sandwhiches. She had a piece of melon the other day with Vickies idea of crushed cheerios to make it less slippery.

I think you just have to be persistent and they quickly learn to pick things up and gain the dexterity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->