BLW Question!

Mummy~L

Mummy to 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

We havent started Bobby onto solids yet but jut trying to get prepared for when we do.

Could anyone tell me how you went about starting BLW? And how did you know when your LO was ready? Also what are the best foods for it?

Just trying to decide if traditional or BLW would be best for us to start with.

Theakston never took a bottle and with us being veggie & me wanting to wait until 6months anyway, it just seemed easier as I figured if he won't take a bottle or a spoon of medicine, he's unlikely to take a spoon of puree! (and it turns out I'm right!)

I started by giving him little bits of veg at Christmas, a piece of roasted sweet potato, asparagus etc. To be honest we're still on stuff like that as he eats very little. He'll chew on a pre-loaded spoon of baby porridge, he likes nut butter or philadelphia on toast or spelte rusks, organix snacks & sticks of veg or fruit. He's yet to have a 'meal' but we're making progress.

I assumed he was ready because he was 6months. He tried stealing food and stuff before that but I didn't believe in doing it before 6months.

Oh and I read the 'bible' (BLW by Gill Rapley)

Thanks hun! Will have to invest in 'the bible'!!! :D

It's worth a read just to see if the idea works for you :)

I BLW with Otter. It's great! I think it is much easier and just works for us. I believe pretty strongly that your LO will let you know pretty quickly if it is for them or not.

Definitely read "the bible." Even if you decide to TW. My friend has TW her baby. I lent her my copy of it and she said she has gotten great ideas from it even though she TWs. So, you won't waste your money either way.

we started BLW at 6 months.

After having read the 'Bible' I came to the conclusion that since we were waiting until 6 months, it was the obvious, natural choice. Plus I was pretty sure Ruby wouldn't want to be spoonfed anyway, she HATES us putting things into her mouth.

IMO it's 'right' for all healthy 6 month olds, born at term. It's just not right for all parents as it takes a lot to trust LO to take the lead and have total control.

OT but TigerLady I LOVE the 'completely insane mama' blinkie thing! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->