Board games for 5 year old?

Bid

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations please! Something we can play as a family (there's just us and DS) and something he won't get bored of after a couple of goes. Thanks!

These aren't board games as such but games that my 5 year old enjoys playing with us when he gets time alone with us:

Crocodile dentist
Frustration
Farmyard bingo game (only a cheap one from the works but he loves it)
A dinosaur spinning bingo game (again a cheap one from the works which he loves)
Spiderman kerplunk

I've just seen a Scooby Doo board game in toys r us half price sale which I might buy for him too plus a 3d version of snakes and ladders.

My five-year-old loves Ker-plunk and Bed Bugs. He also enjoys playing Snakes & Ladders, Ludo/Frustration style games and Guess Who. For Christmas he's asked for Minions Operation and Bugs in the Kitchen.

My 5 year old DD loves snakes and ladders, the shopping list game and pigs in pants atm.

She has asked for don't wake dad, the tooth fairy game and pie face for xmas.

Orchard games are fab and there is lots of different ones :)

Orchard games are fab
My DS (also 5) loves snakes and ladders, frustration. His favourites though are junior cluedo and junior monopoly

Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Hi Ho Cherry-O, and card games like Uno & Goldfish are favourites here. The kids will play Operation but they get frustrated with it easily haha even though we have the children's version!

I'm reading through these and beginning to think my kids are just weird. At 5 they were so over Orchard toys games. It was all Labrynth, monopoly, game of life, risk.

We're getting DD pig goes pop and maybe hungry hippos. She's not too great with rules so something easy to follow will be the best bet for her

I'm getting junior monopoly for Christmas for my dd . She quite likes playing a ludo type game too .

Snakes and Ladders
Frustration
Ludo
Twister
Junior monopoly

Orchard games are really good too.

Colin likes Monopoly Jr., trouble, frustration and sorry.

Abby likes Jenga, surprise slides, connect4 and operation

We're getting DD pig goes pop and maybe hungry hippos. She's not too great with rules so something easy to follow will be the best bet for her

My son (4) loves hungry hippos! I find it a pain to put together though haha but it's one of his favourite games :)

My five year old loves hungry hippos, gone fishing and snakes & ladders. I've also thought about 'board' games this year ...,, junior scrabble, junior cluedo, junior pictionary, junior monopoly?
He also loves playing draughts x

Some great ideas thanks. He's been asking for hungry hippos but we have the hungry frogs one somewhere (ELC knock off) so I wasn't going to bother. But it got packed when we moved last year and is still in a box in the garage somewhere under piles of other boxes and a few tarantulas so maybe I'll just cut my losses and buy him the proper one :haha:

He'd probably love crocodile dentist too so I'll have a look at that one and some of the others too.

Thanks everyone!

Screwball scramble is a good one too, we love taking it in turns to play and he can also play alone if I need to do something :) good for those fine motor skills too!

This year I'm getting a junior games (cluedo or monopoly) and guess who

Operation maybe.
My DD is 4 -!: loves hippos, connect 4, pony snakes and ladders and orchard toys games.
This yr I am getting her the shopping list game and my mum is getting her kerplunk and buckeroo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->