Body Basal Temperature Question - confused

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just a quick question about charting temperature. I have been charting my B. B. temperature from about day 10 this cycle. Now, I identified my post ovulation rise (just came a day after my positive OPK) and it has remained high ever since (around 36.55 degrees celcius). Now this morning, I woke 25 minutes earlier and took my temperature and it had dipped significantly to 36.17 degrees celcius). I am 8 days post ovulation.

Could taking my temperature 25 minutes earlier have affected it that much? I am a bit confused as my AF is not due until the 25th of the month - I know your temperature dips just before your period comes on, but does it dip over a week early?

Confused. :dohh:

It can affect it yes hun but so can a lot of other factors, waking earlier, did you have a troubled sleep?do you have a cold?anything really can affect it, it's very sensitive.

That said, if you haven't conceived this month, your temperature will be on its way down in preparation for AF coming. You could be about to ovulate again????Plenty of options there.

Good Luck

Because of my random waking times mine gets taken at differnt times each day and my chart still fits together fine.

My temp does get affected by restless sleep so maybe that affected yours?

8 DPO could be implantation dip. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks gals!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am trying not to over analyse things this month - I say trying:rofl:- I got too over excited last month with my 'symptoms.'

However, I did have a weird tugging sensation in my abdomen last night and this morning (maybe it was the effects of the onion ring crisps that I scoffed whilst watching 'No Vacancy' last night:rofl:).

I took my temperature later on in the morning ( I realise that this is not reliable at all as once you get up you are expending more energy etc etc) and it had gone up from 36.17 to 36.83, I was still pretty relaxed and had had a hour's catnap and had just woken up. Obviously this is not the same as taking your BBT. I was just interested.

Cheers again girls - I am going to repeat to myself, 'I will not over analyse, I will not over analyse, I will not over analyse...':rofl:

Cheers again girls - I am going to repeat to myself, 'I will not over analyse, I will not over analyse, I will not over analyse...':rofl:[/QUOTE]

LOL - we can say it as much as we like but it never seems to stop us!!!!

Hi! So, my temperature has gone up to 36.70 this morning - higher than my highest result on my chart so far - ? Go figure?????

I did sleep solidly until three oclock and woke up for about half an hour (temperature was 36.78), then I went back to sleep and slept in until 7.00, when I usually take my temperature and it was 36.70. I went back to sleep and woke up at 9.30 and took my temperature again and it was 36.74. So I just went on my usual time when logging my temperature - and made a note against my chart about waking up at 3.00.

Hi! So, my temperature has gone up to 36.70 this morning - higher than my highest result on my chart so far - ? Go figure?????

I did sleep solidly until three oclock and woke up for about half an hour (temperature was 36.78 , then I went back to sleep and slept in until 7.00, when I usually take my temperature and it was 36.70. I went back to sleep and woke up at 9.30 and took my temperature again and it was 36.74. So I just went on my usual time when logging my temperature - and made a note against my chart about waking up at 3.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->