Body is playing me up! - AF but not an AF?!

MaybBaby

Reaction score
So my due date arrived yesterday and after taking numerous tests (being a poas addict) and them either being dud tests or negative I finally allowed myself to welcome the witch to my humble abode urgh! - so yesterday I wiped and there was indeed a smear of AF present, I put a pad on before bed and noticed brown, deep darker brown spotting on the pad, this morning nothing extra was added to this, I'm wiping now and there is a tinge of blood, but nothing that screams a period, I'm normally consistent and this is my 1st month of TTC, my cycles are pretty much bang on being every 26-28 days and lasting 4 days, and I'm normally very heavy to begin with!

Only supplements I have taken are the standard folic acid, nothing else! I had some spotting when wiped last week which made me ponder a possible IB but nothing more afterwards. My symptoms have been sore right breast, and a very heavy full ache in the crook of my back. Not holding out too much hope of a BFP tbh after so many BFNS before due date, (using tesco own branded tests) and I don't want to build up too much hope, but I am wondering if this is a common thing with the first cycle? I never had this with Dom (and I was very blessed and lucky to have caught him the first cycle we tried) so I'm perplexed lol!

Thanks for any advice ladies

Xx :hugs:

EDIT: AF arrived in a more fuller force after my shift at work :( so definitely out this time TMI but it's very unusually clotty, I'm just assuming my body is not used to what we are doing and is adjusting itself lol!!

I've concluded that ttc messes up your cycles. When I was ttc my first I had the same things happen the first cycle. It was really dark and clotty. Never figured out why. Now ttc my second I am 4 days late the first cycle we are trying. I am never late. So frustrating.

I'm glad i'm not alone then, it seems pretty weird that it should happen, it's not like...to be frank sperm should do more than just 'be' inside surely if it doesn't fertilise it should do nothing more, but I've had just horrid symptoms since beginning to try!

:hugs: in the meantime being late would make me tear my hair out especially as we are actively trying, thank you for the reply
xx
:dust:!!!

No idea what that's all about. But yayy AF finally arrived today. About time. It's more clotty and a lot darker than usual. So weird. Must be the stress from ttc. Now we can go through a new cycle together. Hope we both get a BFP next month :) Are you doing anything different this month? How long is your cycle? Are you planning to test early?

No idea what that's all about. But yayy AF finally arrived today. About time. It's more clotty and a lot darker than usual. So weird. Must be the stress from ttc. Now we can go through a new cycle together. Hope we both get a BFP next month :) Are you doing anything different this month? How long is your cycle? Are you planning to test early?

Mine is exactly the same, how weird! I wish I could just *relax* but it's so hard when you feel you really want this to happen isn't it?? Me too! :bfp: :dust: nothing much different, will be taking folic acid and trying to BD as much as possible without trying to take the fun factor away lol! ill still be using my period tracker app, according so far I should O around 28th sept and my next due date will be 12-14th sept, I love testing lol, but im wondering if I should back off (I tested like 5-6 times this cycle) lol! I was getting mega upset over BFN's its heartbreaking so I think I will try my best to wait until as close to due date as possible :haha: which probably won't happen :blush:
Oh and my cycles are approx. 26-28 days but never any longer or shorter, im pretty regular which I should be grateful of really!!!

Hope you're well! :) :hugs: lets hope the witch flies off soon so we can commence the baby making! :haha:!

Thanks :) Keep me posted how this month goes for you. I plan on using preseed this time. Not sure if it actually helps but why not lol. I was thinking of using opks this month but still haven't decided. Might wait one more month. I tested 4 times this month and after all those BFN I don't think I will test at all this month. AF is due on oct 18 but I think I will wait till oct 20th to test. Can't stand to see another BFN. Good luck :)

Thanks :) Keep me posted how this month goes for you. I plan on using preseed this time. Not sure if it actually helps but why not lol. I was thinking of using opks this month but still haven't decided. Might wait one more month. I tested 4 times this month and after all those BFN I don't think I will test at all this month. AF is due on oct 18 but I think I will wait till oct 20th to test. Can't stand to see another BFN. Good luck :)

Here's hoping it helps bab!! :) I considered OPKs but firstly as im a part time worker wow they aren't cheap! :haha: but if this month doesn't go well and I work to my period tracker I may invest in them to see when I actually ovulate :) it just beats us up over nothing seeing a BFN :( I can imagine how you felt too :hugs: we aren't too far away from one another, fingers crossed to this being our cycle AUTUMN BFPS ALL THE WAY! :happydance: sprinking and dashing a lil more :dust: your way hun :) good luck too!!!

x :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"