boiler broken!

bbyno1

Reaction score
we are private renting.our boiler has been broken now for a week! Really struggling to wash and do sterilizer etc and got no family here or friends so its not like we can go to anyone for any kind of help. Landlord seems to be really laid back about the whole situation! He did get 'heatteam' to have a look at it and it needs parts which are gunna cost him (this he won't be happy with) he thought it would get fixed with heatteam under warrenty) anyway I have to keep texting him asking if there is any updates as to when its going to be looked at etc. He just replys with such short texts and says 'either sat or mon' like I got all the time in the world to wait in.why not give me a day? I'm sure his just trying to be difficult. Anyway,everyone is saying I should tell him I shouldn't be expected to pay ful rent this month as we have had no hot water for a week.been boiling kettles for baths and kettles for washing up. Ecerything is taking forever! Do you think I'm in a position to say that to him about the rent or do I just leave it?

I dont think you can withold rent - only if you pay for the repair yourself, then you are entitled to hold back the amount you paid - and you need to notify him you are doing it.

I also think there is a time frame they are meant to adhere to for these kind of repairs. Have you had a look on the SHELTER website or even speak to the local council.

Do you not have an immersion heater...? Our boiler was condemned and shut off on 26th April and We did not have new one fitted till 8th may and that's in a council house...! We had immersion heater but it was not connected and we had to call and electrician wired it in. Perhaps call landlord to find out if you have one? I had no idea we did...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->