Bonding with children with autism

lisa35

Reaction score
My DS has got a great bond with his dad, he says daddy, dadda all the time and plays rough and tumble with him, follows him around asking for more play etc. However I don't know how to play with him, when I try the things his dad does he doesn't respond in the same way he just goes away :dohh:

How do you finding bonding with your child? If he get's poorly that's the only time he seems to want me and pushes his dad away, which is the normal for any child.:flower:

You take it slow. Has he got any special interests? Just sit there whilst he's playing with his favourite toy and talk to him. Take him to the park just the two of you so he ha to depend on you more. If you can afford to, do a mummy and toddler activity which he would enjoy, I did swimming and music with mine. Just slowly building a bond over the time. But you might have to accept he might just be a daddies boy, which is also fine.

Hi, thanks for replying. I do, do them things with him but his dad does more with him as I am always busy. I just never get the same effect as his dad. I feel like he doesn't like me but am sure he does.

When he goes to school in taxi he always stops at end of the path to turn to look at me this makes my heart melt as never used to get much eye contact and that is a huge step for him :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->