Boo, stretchmarks at 39 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Babyface179, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Babyface179

Babyface179 Well-Known Member

I thought I had got away with it but I woke up this morning and literally, overnight, a mass of stretchmarks have appeared. I have been using bio oil religiously, to prevent them (obviously without success). Has anyone got advice on what products are best to reduce their appearance?

2. keljt1127

keljt1127 Well-Known Member

bio oil does work over time i have heard
    i am getting new stretch marks to! argggggggggg. really there is nothing u can do ! blame genetics!

im learning to love them and to get over them! my son is worth the scars!

3. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

apparently if you are going to get stretchies they will come no matter what you use as they are genetic
    bio i hear does help reduce the appearence of them over time though so just keep up using it x

4. Lauki

Lauki Mummy and newly pregnant!

I just saw my first stretchies this morning at 38+1.. Well upset :(!
    I feel for you!

5. tuppance

tuppance Well-Known Member

I've been using bio-oil and have no recommendations in regards to anything else but just wanted to say that happened to me, at 39 weeks I woke up to have been visited by the stretch mark fairy in the night - was so annoyed! I keep on telling myself they are just going to disappear (denial is a beautiful thing!)

6. lm81

lm81 Well-Known Member

Ive been told by many people Bio Oil is great to help reduce the appearance over time. Im sure it does work .... It did when I tried it out on a scar last year :)