Boobie to Formula & Poo

Rah

Mummy to 2 princesses
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems going from boobie to formula?
Im introducing 1 formula feed a day at the mo ready for when i go back to work in Jan but we have been having a few problems she takes it fine but its the poo!
Isobelles poo has changed and shes really straining its very distressing to watch:cry: poo was like play doh/toothpaste but since we introduced the formula its been formed like peanuts and as i say really straining to pass

I spoke to HV who said its not related WTF??? and to up her fiber intake which i was doing anyway but not helped i stopped the formula feeds sun night and there has been an improvement today was going back to pay doh texture but not fully
Is it the Aptimil not agreeing with her should i change? im using follow-on milk should i use normal?

I would try 1st milk instead of follow on. It sounds like Isobelle is constipated which can happen due to the higher iron content of follow on formula.

That was my impression but the HV said not! i think i need to change HV's!

Interestingly mine said not to bother with follow on milk...she said it's just an invention by the formula company.

Good to know there are far too many milks out there so confusing!

is the formula iron fortified? that can cause constipation as well

I thought the follow on milk caused Mailie's constipation so we switched back to 1st milk and its just as bad :( We breastfeed on a night and I'm tempted to start again during the day but the thought of having to build my milk up again doesn't appeal :( it's so hard knowing what to do!

I know what you mean i stoped the formula all together after her 4 oz on sunday night and it has improved no straining but i cant feed the afternoon feed in Jan as i will be in work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->