booby feed AND formula?

yeah I can get a drip or two out, I just cant wait til when (if) im in full flow and filling bottles.
So much to worry about isnt there! Im gonna be trying to get stuff out as often as I can so I can establish a good flow quicker. I really want hub to help with feeds but like mentioned before, he can always do the baths etc. I dont want to mess my baby around with different nipples etc, but I may establish breast feeding for a few weeks before attempting a bottle at night with expressed milk. Hmmmmm.... its hard to know what to do for the best!

Don't worry about nipple confusion. Once breast feeding is well established it shouldn't generally be a problem to introduce expressed milk in bottles. How long it takes to establish the breast varies, you will know when it clicks for the pair of you (so I've heard!)

Introducing formula instead of expressed milk can be risky though. It is highly recommended that you give breast milk only for at least the first six months. That way both mum and baby get the most of all the wonderful benefits.

heres one too add to the confusion. is it true that the milk changes in nutrition as the babes get older i know that its colustrum first but after that over the weeks it adapts in strength, so freezing isnt the best way to go or not freezing for long before using it.

heres one too add to the confusion. is it true that the milk changes in nutrition as the babes get older i know that its colustrum first but after that over the weeks it adapts in strength, so freezing isnt the best way to go or not freezing for long before using it.

It's true that your milk does adjust to the baby's needs. But having some frozen for a month or whatever before use is not a problem. Chances are that you will still be mostly feeding LO fresh milk straight from the breast, so the occasional feed from stored milk is fine :)

I used my frozen milk as back up if I was knackered or baby was going through a growth spurt. One of my babies wouldn't take expressed milk at all and I wasn't bothered enough to carry on trying so I just used the frozen milk I already had to mix with foods etc when weaning and stuck to breastfeeding exclusively:happydance:

I used my frozen milk as back up if I was knackered or baby was going through a growth spurt. One of my babies wouldn't take expressed milk at all and I wasn't bothered enough to carry on trying so I just used the frozen milk I already had to mix with foods etc when weaning and stuck to breastfeeding exclusively:happydance:

Good idea!
I love the idea of rusks mixed with breast milk, healthy and yummy! :D

Think youre only meant to keep frozen milk for a certain amount of time anyways arent you? like a month....

yeah, 24 hours in the fridge, 1 month in the freezer apparently
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"