Book Club

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
Is anyone part of a book club? If you are or not, what book are you currently reading?

I am part of the local library's BC and we are reading The Story Of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon. i admit i read 1/2 of it and then skipped to the end. It was good, but it got "stuck" if you will. BC is actually tonight so im hoping its a good meeting!!

I also meant to read The Help but i never got around to it, so i may read it next.

No I don't go to one - but we should start a bnb book club that would be fun!

I am part of one.

We have been going for 18 months now meeting once a month and we love it. It lets us have a catch up as well!

We normal pick a book each each cycle but for a change at the moment we have picked a series of books to read. After much discussion trying to find something we haven't read before we went with little women series. We are currently the first of the 4 books.

We read the help and all loved it. We arranged an extra book club cinema trip to see it when it came out in the cinema as well loved it that much.

i'm not part of one but i like that idea of a BNB book club!!!............ I have just finished reading (on my kindle tee hee) 'Against all odds' the most amazing true life story you'll ever read by Paul Connolly

Abandoned as a baby at 2 weeks old by his mother and left on a rubbish heap, Paul was one of the few survivors of the childrens home st leonards childrens home in east London where the children suffered all kinds of sexual and emotional and physical abuse from as young as 5 and bread and butter was the staple diet............Paul found love in Boxing and channelled all his frustration and anger through the sport finally leaving st leonards behind him at 18 and becoming a professional boxer until an accident stopped his boxing career..... he went on to find his calling and bacame a proffesional trainer working with the famous although his past would come back to haunt him and there would be lots of near misses along they way before finally finding true happiness.

Its well worth a read x

there was a bnb book club it last a month and then no one ever did it again.

Not a member but just read "Growing up Bin laden" story of his first wife and 4th son. Its not about him so much but about life in Saudi. I got really stuck into it after not being something I would usually read!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->