booking appt.high risk,straight to consultant.anyone else?

mrs n

Reaction score
ok so had my mw this morning,im having twins but because i also have a problem reacting to anesthetics im going to be under extra care for my birth because most twins have a section,some go natural it depends on the first baby.absoloutely terrified now xx

It is just a label, I havent had my booking yet but I will get it too. Don't let it get you down. The hospital will want to monitor you more, twins are riskier than a singleton they have to cover themselves, it doesn't mean that you have to allow them to make it all medical. Don't be terrified and spend the whole pregnancy worrying, it is what it is each day, you could have them both naturally you just don't know....try to just relax and enjoy each day.

Take it from me, the list of reasons that people have shared care is endless and can be for very minor reasons, it's only to ensure you're getting looked after in the very best way. Twins just need a bit of extra monitoring, you'll have to take the birth plan as it comes a little bit. You can do this <3

I'm 38 weeks and high risk from the word go due to be diabetic, don't fret about it and relax knowing you will have extra appointments and scans :flower:

People can be under Consultant Care for loads of reasons and it can be something as minor as having a slightly raised BMI, so don't worry!
I was Consultant Care in my first pregnancy for twins, and again in my last pregnancy for something else, and it's nothing scary :)

You probably won't see the doctor for the first time until about 15/16 weeks, and it'll just be to make a plan of care for your pregnancy (i.e: how often you'll be seen and who by - midwife or doctor) and you may get a couple of extra scans :)

Don't worry about the birth thing yet. You can't predict what will happen later on - and it won't be decided until much later on, depending on the position of the babies; so worry about that later ;-)

I wouldn't worry about it, just precaution. I had a quick labour first time round with my daughter but mid-labour had to go from midwifery round to the consultancy side as she didn't fully turn and was coming out sideways. I delivered naturally but needed an episiotomy and had a 3rd degree tear. Second time round and I've automatically been put on to consultancy led! Just means I have to go have meetings with the consultant to check it over.

I was told by my mw after delivering DS that any future pregnancy would be considered high risk. Then I was told the same thing again after an accident.. So doubly high risk here. It's okay! They monitor you more is all and I actually kind of like it.. It's reassuring to me I guess. I'm scared of needing a possible c-section too but my Dr doesn't seem phased at all. Like if it needs to be done then that's what you do.

As the others have said lots of people get put on there for many reasons, I have a high bmi so was almost put on high risk but didn't meet enough points, this time around I will be classed as high risk because I have the extra risk of a third baby if I remember the list correctly.

I guess I'm more freaked out by the possibility of a section.I'll explain better,I have allergies to most anesthetics and can't have a full epidural.the last time I went under full I went into anaphylactic shock and ended up in intensive care I'm terrified it could haveepn again xx

That does sound scary :hugs: but your consultant should work with you and figure out a plan should you need a c-section so that it's as safe as possible.

I was under obstetric care last time because of underactive thyroid so guess I will be again this time, last time I had high blood pressure towards the end too & baby was back to back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->