Books for 1-2 year olds

T

Tilly

Hiya,

Im wanting to buy Bethanie some new books as she loves them so much. I have a few of the classic ones that I used to love as a little one and she has a Little Miss story collection book which is her favourite at the moment.

Please list some good books suitable from 1-2 years old that your little one(s) love.

Oo, and also - anyone know cheap places online to buy them? im looking at the bookpeople.co.uk.. any good??

I have no idea hun sorry - or I'd answer.

Not sure who uses this section on a reg basis with LOs same age - hope someone answers soon x

I know my favorite children's book was goodnight moon, I can't wait to read it to my little guy as he gets older.

That reminded me of button moon for some reason lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0o6u1VmGE

Ok then say any books that you loved as a kid that are still going now, or that you'd buy for your little ones. :) Im not too fussy on ages on books, we read Bethanie older books and she loves them.

For example, i've got her some of my old faves: The Very Hungry Caterpiller, The Jolly Postman and I want to get her The Rainbow Fish.

:baby:

Oh, she also loves those Buggy Buddies books? the little fairy ones lol - she had a tantrum in WH Smith when I couldn't buy her one lol.:hissy:

i use bookf for children book club, online... its got a great introductory offer and not too much commitment(think its 5 books in your 1st year to fullfill contract)

my favs for kids are..
where the wild things are..
hungry caterpillar(which u have)
10 in the bed
bear hunt
and all of dr zeuss :D

I used to love Button Moon, lol!!

Hannah loved the Kipper books when she was younger, mind you we still read them together even though she is 5, she has just started reading Topsy & Tim books, i remember them from when i was little!!

Go to your local charity shop - you can usually pick up like new stuff for pennies there! My girl adores "Dear Zoo" and anything with flaps to lift, different fabrics to touch or with animals in it. I wouldn't recommend books that are just nursery rhymes cos you can't sing them and turn the pages at the same time!

my little boy loves all the mr men, night gargen, any pop-up books.

I ususally buy mine in tesco

didnt see this thread sooner hun..

rhys LOVES dr seus.. especially Sam I Am.. and the words are so simple that eventually he'll be able to 'read' along and say the words without actually having to read them if you get me.

great books :)

Kieran loves his books (hes 21m now!). He has mostly Usborne books (because his tight mummy gets them free lol!). He loved the touchy feely "Thats not my..." series, now hes onto more of the other board books like Rusty the Dog and Woolly the Sheep. he likes the phonics books too, more for the pics and the story though - not for education reason :)

He also likes "Who's in the Loo" - thats fab - did love but is bored of Hungry Catterpillar, and his fave at the mo is a first numbers book from usborne again, loves the colours and pointing out the numbers (smart ass).

Be VERy careful with Books for Children. Ive had loads of trouble with them, not all the books go towards your allocated number of books, they kept sending me editor choice books and wouldnt let me return them, all sorts of probs that are still ongoing now - 14months on!

I havent got any children yet (expecting) but i am a nursery nurse, we use the book people and they are really reasonably priced i would definitely recommend.

As for books the children at my nursery love....

Dear zoo
Going on a bear hunt
The tiger who came for tea
the hungry caterpillar
The gingerbread man
the charlie and lola collection always go down really well too

Hope this helps a little

Lou
xxx

Thanks all, can't wait to order her some more books.. :)

Any more suggestions, please keep them coming. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->