Born on the 4th July - [traumatic]

Hoolie

Reaction score
I had a really good nights sleep on Saturday and woke up feeling refreshed for a change at around 8.10am. I went to the bathroom and had a serious contraction. I didn't think anything of it as I'd been up all night the previous Monday with contractions that came to nothing and also had been up hald the night on the Wednesday. A few more contractions came and went and were very painful. Then they started coming quick and fast and were agony. I stayed upstairs in the bathroom as I didn't want my little girl seeing me in pain. My OH came up, brought me a couple of paracetemol and timed them and informed me that the contractions were 2 minutes apart. It was now around 8.30am and the pain was really bad.

My oh rang the hospital who told him to take me in. I was reluctant as I thought I'd only get sent home as it was too early and I hadn't even seen any waters go. But the pain was bad so we set off to the hospital. It took as 15 minutes to get there but was the longest journey of my life. We got there just before 9am and I was taken to ta delivery room. I was asked to give a urine sample so went to the loo where I had another contraction and couldn't give a sample so came back out. The MW had a look at me notes and after what seemed an age decided to examine me and then she said she'd discuss pain relief. I was examined and was astounded when she told me I was 7cm dilated. I couldn't believe it. I asked for an epidural and she went to arrange it.

Agan after what seemd like an eternity the Anestheatist arrived. He talked thourgh my medical history and the risks of an epidural whilst all the time all I could think of was "get on with it, I'm in agony". He eventually started to put the epidural in and he got it first time and was just taping it onto my back when I got the urge to push. So I was sitting on the dege of the bed with my back arched and the intense need to puch. By now I think it must have been about 10ish. So the epidural hadn't started to kick in and I started pushing.

But as I was pushing, my babies heart beat dropped and the doctor was called urgently. The doctor tried to establish he babies position and decided that the head was just slightly oblique. They put a clip on the babies head at some point to monitor baby.

I had another urge to push so pushed again but the heartbeat dropped again and this time didn't recover so I was rushed to theatre. In theatre they monitored the heartbeat and it had picked up so the decision was made to try for a forceps delivery. The doctor turned the baby slightly and tried once with forceps but the baby didn't descend so they went straight to ceasearian section. My baby boy was born at 11.32am and had the cord around his neck and was covered in Meconium but he came out screaming.

He weighed 7lbs 9oz and is just lovely.

My labour is a bit of a mystery to me as my waters had already gone so I ws told but I don't know when. When they perforemd the section, there was some fluid but this was just fluid that couldn't get passed the baby sa the baby had blocked it in. I had thought my waters had gone the previous Monday night when I'd got up to go to the loo and there was lots more wee than I'd previously had. I'd rung the MW the next day who'd said it was unlikely it had been my waters as there had been no more fluid loss after this????

I'm still reeling from shock that my labour was so short and intense. I was VBAC and this obviously didn't work.

It was all so worth it as I now have my gorgeous little boy who we're naming either Jack Oliver or Oliver Jack.

If you managed to read this far....Thanks and well done ...LOL

Alex

congratulations hun!! sounds eventful but worth it im sure. good luck on your journey with your little man xx :hugs:

congrats!!!! :) i'm so glad he ended up being okay! and i'm glad you're okay! i can't wait to see pictures!
i guess monday and wenesday night episodes were leading you up to this! :)

Congrats on your new little boy and your adventure you went through!! I am glad mommy and baby are doing fantastic!! I do have a question though... what's the theatre??

Congrats again xoxo

Congrats on your new little boy and your adventure you went through!! I am glad mommy and baby are doing fantastic!! I do have a question though... what's the theatre??

Congrats again xoxo

congrats!!!! :) i'm so glad he ended up being okay! and i'm glad you're okay! i can't wait to see pictures!
i guess monday and wenesday night episodes were leading you up to this! :)

Yes that's all I can think of. My first labour was 14hours and I know they do get quicker but there is a big difference between 14 hours and what would have been 2 and a half hours had I not gon to theatre.

I did have a sweep on the Wednesday though so know I wasn't at all dilated then. I also had a failed sweep on Friday and there was no mention that the cervix had thinned or anything then either. IT's just very odd.

But the main thing, he is here safe and sound.

Alex

Congrats again xoxo

Theatre is the room where surgery is carried out so if you're from the US it'd be called teh operating room.

Alex

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.

Will add some photo's of my little man later.

Alex

Congrats hun! I am so glad that he is doing well!!! Gorgeous name!

congrats on little Jack or Oliver! Glad to hear everything turned out ok after all the stress.

congratulations!! Thank you for sharing ur birth story.. im trying for vbac also, and this today i made a call also to the MW as I thought my waters had went this morning... they said the same thing that urs said... most likely wasnt my waters as they didnt continue to leak ... goes to show theyre not always right!!!

congratulations!! Thank you for sharing ur birth story.. im trying for vbac also, and this today i made a call also to the MW as I thought my waters had went this morning... they said the same thing that urs said... most likely wasnt my waters as they didnt continue to leak ... goes to show theyre not always right!!!

Good luck with your Vbac Vac-UK. The odds are on your side.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->