Both myself and Dh have fertility problems, and are now pg for 2nd time!!

clarabella

DH, DD & 2 cats!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just thought i'd share my story. DH and I knew that we were going to have problems, my dh was born with undescended testicles, and he didn't get the op to bring them down until he was about 6 (it's supposed to be done before they are 1 i think!). Anyway, after his op, one of his testes descended again and he only has one. So, we thought from the outset that there was a good chance we'd have problems. He has a very low sperm count, but average motility. To add to that, I have a pitruitry tumour, which is a small (benign) brain tumour which affects my prolactin levels, which in turn hinders/stops ovulation!! GREAT!!!!!!!!!

I have a little girl who is almost 3 now, she was conceived naturally after i had a hystersalpingram (we were told we would definately need ICSI to have a chance of getting pregnant). After she was born we know that we'd have problems again, and so started trying pretty much straight away, but, as we suspected nothing happened. So we were referred to a consultant again, but as we had one child, we were not eligible for IVF/ICSI on NHS, so would have to pay private, which we were prepared to do. However, we were given 6 months of clomid/IUI by NHS as a last ditch attempt at getting pregnant. It worked on our second attempt, and i'm now 19 weeks pregnant.

I feel so so so so so lucky, i can't begin to tell you. But, it does just go to show that it can happen, so don't give up. I was prepared to try ANYTHING to get pregnant.

xx

Great story, thanks for sharing xxxx

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
I have high prolactin levels but fortunately I don't have a tumour on my pituary gland...I was tested for that about 7 years ago. They just called idiopathic hyperprolactinemia...in other words...no explanation for it. My levels were as high as 1800. But I am now on Bromocriptine and now my levels are down to a normal 234.
You story has helped to realise that the possible can happen and it will one day for me.
Thank you.
xxxxx

Awesome story!
Can i ask a Q about your DH? Mine also has low count due to undescended testicles but good motility and excellent morphology... just wondered what his count was like? :hugs:

Awesome story!
Can i ask a Q about your DH? Mine also has low count due to undescended testicles but good motility and excellent morphology... just wondered what his count was like? :hugs:

Hello,

My dh sperm count was about 10/11 million per ml, when average is 20+million. Having said that..every time he had to go and be tested (of which there were alot of times), we abstained, as you're supposed to, and every time we did so the count was at the 10/11 million mark. The last time we went in for him to test, we'd been naughty and hadn't abstained, i think about 36 hours before he did his thing, we had done our thing! :blush: AND his count was up around 18 million!!!!!!!! Couldn't flipping believe it.
Anyway, when we had our IUI that got us pregnant, we only had 4million sperm put back in, apparently for the best success, there should be 5million plus put back... just goes to show you doesn't it!
Good luck x

Awesome story!

Hello,

My dh sperm count was about 10/11 million per ml, when average is 20+million. Having said that..every time he had to go and be tested (of which there were alot of times), we abstained, as you're supposed to, and every time we did so the count was at the 10/11 million mark. The last time we went in for him to test, we'd been naughty and hadn't abstained, i think about 36 hours before he did his thing, we had done our thing! :blush: AND his count was up around 18 million!!!!!!!! Couldn't flipping believe it.
Anyway, when we had our IUI that got us pregnant, we only had 4million sperm put back in, apparently for the best success, there should be 5million plus put back... just goes to show you doesn't it!
Good luck x

Congrats to you!!! I"m sure your on :cloud9:!!
We are suffering from male factor and our total numbers of sperm from SA are very similar to yours...I was wondering if you could also share the morph and mobility #'s? I'd really appreciate it! I need some hope to cling on to - which is your story :)

Have a good day and thanks again for sharing your story it has made my day a little bit brighter! :hugs:

Aww thank you so much for sharing you're success story with us :hugs:. My DH has a low sperm count & i have DOR but you're story just goes to show that you should never give up on you're dreams:cloud9:. I know that one day i WILL get my :bfp:,just a case of playing the waiting game :winkwink:

Hi,I am on my second round of clomid and I hope that I am as fortunate as you,congrats

Thank you for sharing your story. My husband has low sperm count too due to undescended testes and didn't get an operation until he was 7! (Gggrrrr MIL!!!!)

You've given me hope. :)

Hi ladies,

Just found out my oh has low sperm count. Not sure just how bad it is all we were told is he produced 5 million and 1% is active. I also have pcos and starting first round of clomid. Just looking for a little hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->