Bottle Nipples?

ab2401

Reaction score
Ok so like many people on this site I'm about to be a mom, and a new one at that. I have this brand of bottles I would like to use and a friend of mine got me a few of them as a gift for my shower.

I was going over them and reading the little booklet that came with them and it said, there where two types of nipples for these bottles (maybe with other brand also; I dont know) stage 1 and stage 2...... S1 nipples are slow flow and S2 are fast flow.

So I'm guessing the stage 1 nipples are for newborns.
The ones she got me are stage 2, so this weekend I'm planing on going out to get me some stage 1 nipples, but my thing is.... how many bottles/nipples do I need to buy?

How long will it take before my baby no longer needs the "slow flow" nipples?
~AND~
Whats the difference between wide bottles and... I guess not wide bottles? because this brand also comes in those too.

I have 8 bottles with 8 stage 1 teats/nipples (you were right, stage 1 for newborns). I did have fewer bottles, but it was meaning that I seemed to be constantly cleaning and sterilising bottles to keep up. My steriliser sterilises 4 bottles at a time, so 8 bottles meant that I could always have 4 bottles on the go, and 4 cleaning/sterilising. I guess it just depends on how often you want to clean/sterilise I guess but I would say 4 as a minimum.

Not sure on answers for your other questions, but I think stage 2 teats/nipples are from around 3 months? but might have to look that one up. And I think wider bottles are supposedly more like actual breasts, so more natural - making baby open their mouth as they would on a breast .. and also the way you hold them makes it a more natural flow (don't quote me on this, just think I read it somewhere lol). EDIT: So wide bottles would probably be preferable if you wanted to combine breast and bottle feeding. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->