Bottle Sterilizers

purelygemini

Reaction score
How important are sterilizers?? Last time I had a baby was 10 years ago, and these were pretty much unheard of then. We would just sterilize new bottles and pacifiers in boiling water after they were first bought and that was it. Just wondering what you moms who have little ones think about this :)

I usually pump sometimes when BF and ive only successfully BF one baby so mostly FF my 1st and 3rd. I used a microwave sterilizer till 12 months. Just because thats what i like to do. But the midwives now say you don't need to do it at all and if you have a dishwasher that does the job too :)

I have one and don't like it. I don't find it necessary. Really hot water, baking soda and soap and every other week I boil them.

Waste of money IMHO... we never sterilized after the initial sterilizing after bought. I feel like we are very clean people and I wash things well so I felt like that was sufficient!!!

We had a steam steriliser with DS and we used it for the first six months. Was half price at the time when we got it as part of a starter kit, and when it wasn't in use we used it for bottle storage instead. If we end up using bottles again then we'll likely use it once more.

Never sterilized except brand new right out of package. After that, just used hot, soapy water. Those were the instructions on the Dr Brown Bottles package, as well as my pediatricians recommendation.

Don't use any anti-bacterial sterilizers!!! Bad bad bad.

Scrub the bottle or nipple with baking soda + water, spray with vinegar, rinse with hot water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->