Bowel Movement - What is normal?

Fluxuspoem

Mama
Reaction score
Hi everyone

My little girl was born on week 33 on the 21st of October so she is 1 month and a week old. So far has bowel movements have been very frequent almost 12 or so a day and I have been giving her expressed breast milk as well as Aptamil 1. They were yellow and seedy and quite runny.

It has been 5 days now that I have switched formula to Aptamil Easy Digest as the Aptamil 1 has been very difficult for her to digest and giving her stomach aches. She looks much happier in herself with this formula but her bowel movement has minimised to one a day till two days ago, and since then she hasnt had one. So it has been over 24 hours that she last had a poo! Is this normal or is my baby constipated?

I only give her two bottles of breastmilk a day due to problems with milk production but she is still getting a bit of that too. In terms of how much she eats, she has a 60-90 mls every 2-3 hours so she is feeding very well, I think. We get lots of wet nappies.

In one hand I think she doesnt have a poo because she is growing and digesting better on the other hand I worry that this formula may not be very good for her?! Help!

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

XX

Emily is on Aptamil (gave up EBM at 2.5 months) and she would go five days without a bowel movement. When it came it was a massive explosion. I believe it is quite normal for formula fed babies to have less bowel movement than exclusively breast fed babies.
Now I have started weaning Emily she is more regular.

Emily is on Aptamil (gave up EBM at 2.5 months) and she would go five days without a bowel movement. When it came it was a massive explosion. I believe it is quite normal for formula fed babies to have less bowel movement than exclusively breast fed babies.
Now I have started weaning Emily she is more regular.

Molly is definately more regular now too. She used to only go every few days usually.

Since Andrew has been switched to 1-2 bottles of C&G NutriPrem2 to supplement my EBM, his bowel movements have reduced from 3 or 4 a day to one every 36hrs or so, very explosive!

:hugs: yup, Matthew went from 6-8 nappies on EBM to 2 on formula now that he's on solids its more interesting and frequent, some babies can go a couple of days without a poo and will settle into a routine soon x

Thankfully Emily's nappies are less explosive now, they really do store it all up when exclusively on Formula so don't worry!...LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->