• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boy or girl?

Ashley6316

Reaction score
I went to a sneak peak ultrasound place last week at 16 weeks to find out boy or girl. Ultrasound looks like a boy but wondering if it could be swollen girl parts or the cord as I don't see a sac and my other son who is 2 was just a little pear shaped nub at 20 weeks. What do you guys think?

received_227236362427949~2.jpeg

Did they tell you the gender, Or are you waiting for a gender reveal?

Pretty much everyone thought this baby was a little boy based on the ultrasounds but turns out I'm actually having a little girl!

They said boy at the ultrasound place but I am just not convinced and think that it may be the cord or swollen girl parts because this ultrasound looks so much different than my 2 year old sons and this pregnancy has been a lot different.

They said boy at the ultrasound place but I am just not convinced and think that it may be the cord or swollen girl parts because this ultrasound looks so much different than my 2 year old sons and this pregnancy has been a lot different.
Every pregnancy is different! I was almost convinced this baby was going to be a boy because I barely had any morning sickness, but with both of my girls I was almost hospitalized for it. With my son I barely had any symptoms whatsoever, so I thought for sure this baby must be a boy as well, I was wrong!

I'm not saying it's not possible for them to get the gender wrong, but the chances are pretty low.

Last edited:
Definitely boy. I've had 3 boys and they all looked like that. Boys seem to be very proud to show of there bits.
With my girl she kept her legs crossed.
But all 3 boys legs a kimbo showing it all off hahahaha

It looks like a boy to me but I do see what you are saying, did they show you from different angles or just the one quick look? With my boys the place I went only seemed to show a quick look but now with this girl pregnancy the lady showed me from all angles and the parallel nub and everything which helped me trust the result. I also went for all of mine at 15-16 weeks.

Last edited:
16 weeks is definitely early to tell anatomically... I would check again at 20 weeks when things are more developed!!

I was looking at all different gender ultrasounds on Google and the more confirmed ultrasounds I see the more it does look like that's a definite boy <3

They only showed one quick angle she snapped that pic and this pic the 2nd pic makes me think cord but she rushed the ultrasound.
It looks like a boy to me but I do see what you are saying, did they show you from different angles or just the one quick look? With my boys the place I went only seemed to show a quick look but now with this girl pregnancy the lady showed me from all angles and the parallel nub and everything which helped me trust the result. I also went for all of mine at 15-16 weeks.

No she only showed one angle and got the pic I uploaded and this pic I asked it there was any chamce it could be the cord because cord was between the legs ans she said she doubted it.

received_1324894291215974~3.jpeg

When I had my second son I spent ages analyzing the ultrasound photos hoping it was the cord between the legs. I so wanted a girl. Usually the techs can tell if it’s the cord because it doesn’t look the same as a penis (I believe the cord pulsates with blood on the ultrasound and the penis does not). I’ve now had 3 boys and can say that your picture looks like all my little boys pictures.

It’s ok if you feel disappointment. They will be able to confirm one way or the other at your anatomy scan. If it makes you feel better, my 2nd son - the one I cried many tears over because he wasn’t a girl - ended up being my sweetest, most cuddly baby. He holds a special piece of my heart as he’s just the biggest lovebug. It was thanks to him that my gender disappointment wasn’t nearly as bad when we found out we were expecting our third (!) little boy

Total boy, my three girls never looked like that even with their cord between their legs. Tech can and should’ve shown the blood flow confirming cord if you were concerned. I’m sorry if they didn’t do that. My boy was obvious early on like this scan.

None of my four pregnancies were similar, literally didn’t realize how different they actually could be, blew my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->